New grower needing advice on plants

That’s awesome! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah his favourite room in the house is the grow room he sleeps on top of the tents cuz they are nice and warm lol, he always chills with me when I’m in there.

Hes quite the cool cat
This is him hiking the Canadian Rocky Mountains

@MrTiger if you want he has an Instagram I just started and am uploading his stuff
@Bossman.Adventures

4 Likes

I followed I had to, who can’t follow a cat that goes adventures and watches over the plants lol my cat likes the HID light I have cause of the heat that comes off it lol I’ll grab a picture when I turn the light on in the morning

1 Like

Ahh I gotcha lol

Boss man doesn’t chew your plants? My kids cats will kill my plants if given any chance!

Bo$$man is a very well trained little man I must say, he comes when called, he can shake both paws and give both high fives. Now I gotta find another trick to train him lol.
Hes got his cat grass to munch on and I grew him some cat nip (although he rarely indulges), so he munches on the cat grass he prefers to just smell the flowers if you know what I mean

3 Likes

So cute!!

1 Like

I wish the cats could be trusted, they’re the best at finding, torturing, and then eating any bug no matter how small. In my house I have 2 dogs, and collectively we have 5 cats. And I’m not a cat person, I just have a soft spot for animals. And my wife and kids have an uncontrollable need to have lots of cats, hence why I have 5!

2 Likes

We had 2 hermit crabs but we nursed them to health and they grew massive over the next 2 years then we gave them to a lady who has a large collection like a month ago.
Man they are like running a grow! Lol.

Ugh see no way I won’t let my girl rescue anything anymore all our pets are re homes. Even bossman, he cost me 1600$ but he was a rehome. Super rare to find a male British blue here in Canada and fairly hard in North America got him as a kitten, owners hubby turned out to be allergic

1 Like

Nicky… I had an alligator I bought off craigs list. I would take it to bars and everyone wanted a picture with her. Addileana was her name. I googled alligator names and bam :boom: right there was a list and I picked that. I ended up giving her to someone who had others and a bigger pool for her. 18 inches to about 30 inches I had her. So I am thinking about pulling them other s in the cup in one cup and doing a cluster under one light and doing one plant on the other side. I had thought doing lst and pulling them away from eachother would spread them out ultimately and they would all be under one light in two and put one in the center. I figured in nature plants grow close and roots cross and doing lst would spread the plants apart above. I am curious what you think. You said they would choke eachother out. Of light? Or what? I didn’t catch that. Ugh it feels like a waste. Also I don’t want to move the dirt out of the big tub with having the super soil in the bottom already. I had two others in the big tub right on the other edge becasue I ordered new seeds when just a few out of ten popped and didn’t want to waste it. I kept ordering new seeds becasue I was not having a lot of luck. I need to just do two under two lights. Tell me again and I will do it…

The roots will choke each other out.
In nature plants grow some way and many plants die or grow really slow, you want efficiency.

I say you pull the one in the middle of the tub and once that one’s gone and tossed in the compost.

Next step is take each solo cup and kill off all but the best looking seedling.

This leaves you with 6 plants total, manageable.
Then go get 3 more containers, 5 gallons or 7 gallons or if you want to feed less nutrients and follow more on making it to the end with soil then do bigger like your big trash can idea.
Fill and layer with the rich super soil on the bottom, then fox farms ocean forest, and in top 7-10 inches should be a lighter soil like fox farms happy frog.

You can grow in 3 gallon pots or 5 gallon pots but you will have to feed nutrients because 5 gallons isnt enough to bring to full harvest with an auto. 7-10 might I’ve never done it but you get the drift. Also make sure 30-40% of the mixture is perlite as cannabis like airey soil!!! This is important!

This is why I like coco because I fill 5 gallon buckets with coco/perlite and just feed nutrients from day one.
I used to grow in soil 5 gallons but around week 4 maybe 5 you needed to start feeding or they would run deficiencys.

I’m off for the night ask away I’ll answer in 8hr

2 Likes

I ph’Ed the well water with old meter. 6.75. I ordered the kit you sent like to. Ok two days off work and it’s time to do a little maintenance. It’s time to cut that one plant I think. It’s suffering. I am goona pull seedlings . And plant the others.

3 Likes

Any special way you cut them???

1 Like

Cut em branch by branch, trim off all the big fan leafs, flipping the plant so your looking at it from the under side makes them more visible.
Then trim it close to the bud, coect this trim and you can let it dry use it later to make oil or butter once you have enough from a harvest or a couple harvests.
Hang em to dry in a dark area with 50% humidty as best you can.

1 Like

Okay they are cut. 70.2 degrees in closet and 23 percent humidity…I got my meter in there. Your test kit is on the way!

Good afternoon, what are the best seeds to buy to plant in my house or in my yard.

That’s a hard question to answer generally. Depends what you prefer indica/sativa, auto or photo. My best advice is to look through the ilgm website for seeds. They give a good description of whether good for growing indoors or outdoor. How tall they get or specific feeding needs, compare all that to what you’d like to try growing.

1 Like

This is very bad; you should be around 50 to 55% RH and 65F ideally. If you can’t bring RH up it would be advisable to use something to raise humidity like clear totes or large paper bags (grocery bags). Otherwise you will risk wrecking your harvest.

2 Likes

I can pop a clear mist humidifier in there rn

Cool mist*

1 Like