New grower. Need some advice

• What strain? Pop culture mix pack (Skywalker o.g., black widow, Bruce banner
  • Method: Soil (fox farms happy frog)
  • Vessels: cloth pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor - indoor
  • Light system - 600w viparspectra
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, ipower 4in air carbon filter)
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, (can get if needed)
  • Co2; I don’t know

Been working on gathering my equipment and I think I’m ready. This is my first “real” grow. I have a few questions I’d really appreciate any advice on.

1. I have a pH meter but it’s pretty basic and the instructions are in Chinese, which I don’t speak, so I’m kinda lost lol. Is there a cheap, reliable version you guys would recommend?

2. I have happy frog for soil and am unsure on what nutes I need. Would the fox farms 3 pack still do the trick?

3. I am going to try and add a pic but my carbon filter is sketchy lol. I got it for ten bucks and thought if it worked at all it was well worth it. It’s a ipower 4in filter. I am curious if this will indeed work or if I wasted money.

4. I know this is a difficult question, but my original idea was to grow one of each strain and try 3 plants in the 3x3 tent but have been told I’d get a better yield from one big plant. Is 3 too many? I am also needing advice on the cloth pots size for this same 3x3.

Hello,

1. I use this, cheap and works fine

https://www.amazon.com/Accuracy-Measurement-Drinking-Laboratory-Hydroponics/dp/B084R7XN3N/?tag=greenrel-20

1. Yes, fox farms trio will be a fine way to start.

2. As long as it’s not a used carbon filter. it’s probably fine. If used, they are not meant to replace the carbon but rather thrown away and buy a new one. You will need a 4" exhaust fan and some ducting to make it all work.

3. 3 plants in a 3x3 tent is fine. Number of plants don’t have anything to do with yield. In a 3x3 tent, I could (and have) grow 9 plants in 3 gal pots or 4 plants in 5 or 7 gallon pots or 1 plant in a 20 gallon pot. The one plant will take the longest veg time (to fill up the tent before flowering). I find 4 plants (topped for multiple colas) to be the sweet spot for a 3x3 tent. I use 7 gal fabric pots, 5 gals would be fine as well, just need to water more often than with the 7 gal.

3 Likes

I also have a 3x3. The first grow in it was 4 White Widow autos in 5 gallon fabric pots set on risers, in saucers. Used fox farm ocean forest and the FF trio. I also ScrOG. The hardest part was watering them after the net was put in place. Not lot of room to get a watering can to the back row. Members suggested using a pump sprayer or Tera Pump.

Here’s a peek into my veg tent with 3 girls (clones) in 7 gal fabric pots about ready to move to the flowering tent, These will yield over a pound combined when done.

I had 4 but gave one away to a friend to grow out.

Yeah I scrog sometimes, I just use a big cup to reach back there.

@Vance420 forgive me for asking @Hellraiser an off thread question. Is your flower tent also 3x3? The reason I ask is I will be starting some Northern light photos and am planning on 4 in 5 gal in my 3x3.

I’ve done 4 in 5 gallon pots in a 3x3. It is doable but can get crowded. It is safe to say that social distancing will not be practiced by the 4 in the tent.

1 Like

@beardless

Yes, I use a 3x3 tent for veg and another 3x3 tent for flowering so I can harvest every 2 months.

1 Like