New grower, need help with diagnosing problem with leaves

Just adjusted to exactly 5.8. I don’t know the exact ppm yet since my meter has not come in but I haven’t been adding too many nutes yet for that reason. Also because they are still a bit young. This is the beginning of their third week of life.

They aren’t over fertilized ill let @Donaldj help you

1 Like

The ph change should help some odds are they are just starting to get hungry but very hard to tell without ppm reading so stay your course until you have a meter then we can adjust them some. What nutrient line are you using? Does your rockwool feel soaked before water cycle starts again? if so lengthen cycle or just moist have you watched to be sure leaves aren’t getting splashed?

Leaves shouldn’t be getting splased. I’m using 1/4" hosing and each cube has 2 watering spouts. I’ll take a better pic of my irrigation when I am home from work. Will be receiving the meter tomorrow but currently have them on a little bit of Piranha for the roots, and just started them on a tiny bit of Flower Power Start and Grow. Made sure not to overfertilize and have done a lot of research on nutrient deficiencies but it doesn’t seem like that’s what the problem is. Maybe I am overthinking it and it was a pH problem or a spout malfunction when I wasn’t home and it just got splashed? Because none of the new growth seems to have this…

1 Like

Found one on my phone of when she was younger. Should be able to give an idea of how the irrigation is set up until i’m home. Basically i have them sitting on top of the reservoir and I have the pumps keeping the rockwool moist. It is never overwatered, I had that problem before and adjusted the timer as well as set the cubes on top of dry rockwool cubes to fix it. I also lift the cubes frequently to make sure they are not too heavy. The girls seem to be loving the light and water because they are drinking a lot. I just have this problem with that one plant.

Ph itself may simply sort out the issue first mistake would be to over worry and treat without need for anything which could be simple and minor

2 Likes

Okay. Thank you for the input! I will watch them over the next few days and keep you updated :slight_smile: it should help when my TDS meter finally comes in tomorrow.

1 Like

Hey guys here is a quick update after 2 days. I adjusted pH to exactly 5.8 and secured the tubing a bit better. All new growth looks great! The damaged leaves have begun falling off. Here are some pics

1 Like

They look super. Great recovery @Kena

2 Likes