New grower, need help with diagnosing problem with leaves

Hey guys, this is probably a stupid question, but i have 4 WW autos going and feeding them on the same schedule. They are still very young, but one of them has discoloring on the bottom leaves today. I noticed it when I got home from work. Any help would be appreciated. I changed the timer that my pump is on to give them a bit more water because the leaves felt crispy. Anyway, here is a pic.

1 Like

Looks like maybe you poured the nutes solution on it while watering?
@Kena

I just started feeding them. Half of what is recommended. It is the only plant of the 4 doing it.

1 Like

Oh I see now it’s a top feed. So you didn’t pour anything on her? @Kena

I’ve occasionally used a syringe when they look dry but it’s a bucket full of the exact same water in the reservoir

Not on top though, directly in the medium. Never poured, only sprayed a tiny bit of pH 6.2 water (nothing else) every now and then

1 Like

Ok well I’m not even gonna pretend like I know. I’ll tag some hydro guys.
@ktreez420 @Donaldj @B345T @GrowManFitz
Maybe one of these guys can help when they see it @Kena

1 Like

@Kena

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA :

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you.

pH 6.2 is too high for hydro. You want to aim for a pH of 5.8.

Complete the above support ticket though so we can get a complete picture of what is going on.

Hydro really not my thing @Nug-bug… but as @GrowManFitz 6.2 for hydro is way to high 5.8 would be the sweet spot but anything between 5.7 and 6.0 should be good least it is with coco… @peachfuzz i know is pretty hit with hydro so see if they can shed some light

A pic of the whole plant from the side and top down might help not sure if its flash or not but the tips of new growth look yellow and that’s Iron if i remember rightly? @Donaldj or @garrigan62 @Majiktoker they the guys for deficiencies

1 Like

I am curious as to your timer water cycle? but will wait on supports ticket before making any suggestions

If you have yellow leaf tips likely its slight over fertilization

I am still waiting on ticket info and very curious as to how often they are getting water but suspect a ph adjustment and cycle change may solve this easy enough

2 Likes

:wink: Yeah the ticket and another pic top down should help people give informed guidance

Agreed… pH was the first thing that came to mind and I think adjusting that will resolve the issue, but need more info to be certain.

I’m also interested in the water cycle. Rockwool tends to hold a lot of moisture.

1 Like

Also tends to let nutrients dry into it building up if not kept slightly moist

If you wanna continue to wait for a support ticket go to the search field above and get one for this member likely you won’t be waiting as long…it takes maybe 5 seconds to get one…that is if you even put forth the effort of getting one

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA: White Widow autoflower.

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Rockwool

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? 6.2, working on lowering it. ***edit - just perfected the pH at 5.8

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: N/A, TDS meter arriving tomorrow.

Indoor or Outdoor: indoor

Light system, size? 1000W MH dimmable to 400W

Temps; Day, Night: 75-80

Humidity; Day, Night: 35%, working on getting it up.

Ventilation system; Yes, an inline fan exhausting hot air out and 2 oscillating fans.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: AC/Humidifier

Co2; No

I have the timer for the water set to run for 10 mins ON then 2 hours OFF. Barely feeding them since I don’t know what they’ll be able to handle yet. Here is another pic.

Again, they are all being fed the same and this is the only one doing it. The others seem healthy to me. Here is a pic of what the others look like.

Also, I appreciate everybody’s time. I’m really trying to learn everything that I can as I progress. :slight_smile: