New grower, need help with autos!

Hello,

I’m dealing with some yellowing and curling leaves on a GSC Auto. Yellowing started about 2-3 days ago and I noticed the curling this morning.

It is 36 days from planting. I use TS1000 lights. Haven’t added any nutrients yet and I’m using Fox Farm Happy Frog Organic Potting Soil.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum.

Where did you get the seed?

It’s normal for the lower leaves to yellow and fall off as a plant ages. You aren’t likely to have any nutrient PPM, pH, or deficiency problems if the plant is only 36 days old and all you have been doing is watering.

I grabbed a bad copy of the support ticket.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

That’s better.

Thanks for the response. I got it from ILGM.

For further context, temp stays between 78-80farenheit and humidity in the mid 40s. I tried a bit of LST but moved the training pieces when I noticed the curling.

-What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto) - AUTO Girl Scout Cookies
-Age of plant - 36 days
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - Organic Soil(Fox Farm Happy Frog Organic Potting Soil)

-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc) - FABRIC
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - BOTTLED WATER
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - NA
-Method used to measure PH and TDS - PH TESTER BUT NOT SURE IF I’M READING IT RIGHT.
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space - INDOOR, 3X3 ABOUT 66IN HIGH
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum - TS1000
-Actual wattage draw of lights - NOT SURE
-Current Light Schedule - 18/6
-Temps; Day, Night - 78-80 CONSTANT
-Humidity; Day, Night 43-48% CONSTANT
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size - YES, WITH FAN AND FILTER
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - HUMIDIFIER ONLY
-Co2; Yes, No - NO / NA

I’m growing in the same tent with the same TS 1000 light and GSCExtreme auto was my first plant I grew. The soil I used was Fox Farm Ocean Forest and I used cal-mag and Fox Farm liquid trio nutrients. The soil kept the plant fed for 5 weeks perfectly, then I started to feed her myself. Maybe just go with Ocean Forest instead of the Happy Frog.the plant was perfectly green for the first 5 weeks and pretty much stood that way until it flowered, then the leaves started turning a yellowish/red kinda color. But the point is, that FFOF soil was perfect for it. I really didn’t even need cal-mag at all for her I don’t think but I gave her some twice just to be safe

1 Like

Funny enough I have some of the Ocean Forest for my next trial grow. I was thinking the same thing with Happy Frog in regard to not needing to add anything for the first month or so. Will definitely use the FFOF going forward.

Also, I got the nutes package from ILGM that I’m gonna try using tomorrow if I don’t see any changes or it gets worse.

Can anyone tell if the plant can recover from whatever this is based on the pics? I’ll take an update pic tonight for comparison

1 Like

The TS1000 is a 150W lamp. I just started an auto GSCE in coco under mine, she’s 19 days old. I have that light in a smaller tent though - and you should check for DLI. Here is a thread that explains it, please read the whole OP.

@Cmgd I mean really I’m guessing, but it’s the same light and strain so I figured I’d at least give u my insight on it. I’ve only got one successful harvest under my belt and my second is about to finish strong so I can’t give u too much info

It’s getting hungry, time to start feeding. When I grew in Happy Frog I started feeding them pretty quick (after a couple weeks) as HF doesn’t have much nutes in it, unlike Ocean Forest which is loaded with nutes and can feed plants up to 6 weeks or so.

2 Likes

Looks like there hungry to me cause happy frog doesnt have a lot of nutrients in it

1 Like

It definitely needed some food. Think it’ll make a recovery. Thanks for the feedback everyone

1 Like