New grower need help used miracle grow on a seed

Ok so I’m an new grower and was too excited to wait for my medium to come in so I planted a seed in Miracle Gro natures care organic & natural potting mix it’s been 8 days since the seedling sprouted and it looks fine to me but I’m a beginner but I’m now seeing I shouldn’t have put it in MG it can damage the plant and make the weed not smokeable after harvest Any recommendations on how to save the plant or should I give up on it

Also added a current pic of the plant

3 Likes

Looks fine for now. Put it in a cannabis friendly soil when you transplant.

7 Likes

Your plant looks fine many people seam to do fine with MG when your new soil comes just transplant and keep going welcome to the community

5 Likes

So the weed would be fine after harvest? (ik that’s a long way from now lol) and will I need to do in extra steps in the transplanting since I started in bad soil? I’m just curious because of all the information out there has bring me to a definite answer

1 Like

Not a problem.

2 Likes

That is pretty much up to you. Some have bad luck in MG, some make it work. Right now, for you, it’s working well it looks like. You have plenty of time to get a more cannabis friendly soil to transplant into. MG lasts a few weeks nutrient wise, as do a lot of cannabis friendly soils. If you wait a couple weeks to transplant, you can probably get away with just plain water for almost a couple of months.

It may get pouty at transplant, but if you keep temps and humidity, light and watering/feeding right, she’ll be good.

4 Likes

Well, that came out of left field. Never heard that before.
The problem with MG is that it can burn a plant and is hard to manage since nutrients are released every time you water.

5 Likes

Looks good to me. Like the above said. It can go from looking really healthy one day to near about dead. MG has time resealed nutrients so you can’t control when or what it’s getting. What medium did you get to replace it?

1 Like

Coast of Maine growers mix

1 Like

:+1: Good choice, never used it myself but hear very good reviews from the community.

1 Like

Put it closer to the light she is reaching for it . It will tumble over it it gets to tall and you will have other issues

3 Likes

Welcome to the community. Like the others have said.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. I harvested 13 plants this fall ( 1st time grower) all planted in MG no problems at all. Very smoke able, actually great. Have 2 more indoors, they are doing well also. I think yours looks fine. This forum will really help you out and answer all of your concerns. A great bunch of folks. Great luck, you will do fine.

3 Likes

Miracle grow usually is not a problem until the pant is flowering but at that point its too late to transplant. When you transplant to larger pot use different soil the little bit of miracle grow mix in with the new soil won’t hurt anything

3 Likes

Transplant it into promix hp soil

What kind of light u got there. Them leaves r running for the sky lol.ower the light some and get them happy they r gonna keep stretching bad if the leaves r pointing up they r reaching and stretching. Not always a bad thing but this small it is not a good thing

1 Like

A little bs light… I’m currently looking for a light to cover 4 by 4.5 grow space any recommendations?? I’m looking to spend around $400

1 Like

@LilTys these are in mg

Best I can think for u look at enfun boards with Samsung lm301b or h chips meanwell drivers. Kingbrite is another almost exactly like enfun but slightly different 2 of the 240w kits will get u golden in there the enfun sets come with a few uv chips in them also other than spider farmer is the next cheaper light I’d do other than I’m with hlg lighting all the way. Awesome results lower heat levels but a bit more pricey out the door but we’ll worth it in the end. If u go like hlg PLC or budget rapid led u can figure about 35w per SQ foot. Cheaper lighting u wanna be more around 50w per SQ foot of space. Best from that area if u can get enough watts try and get about 7 to 750w for the4x4.5 space will do u justice. Adding uv and or red boosters help a bit also

1 Like

I have a 4.5x4.5 room with 2x260xls in it from hlg and it is a wonderful turnout. So u know I get a bit over a lb from 4 autos in that space. More if I keep up with the autos like I do the photos lol

1 Like