New grower need help identifying a problem

What could be making my leaves curl like this at the top? Is this normal?

Shot in the dark, Miracle Grow Soil, Clawing leaves, Nitrogen toxicity… Now I roll my dice, come on snake eyes

There is a “Help ME” Questionnaire if you search it and answer those Q’s as best as possible, you will get plenty of assistance.
see below:

1 Like

Not normal, to much nitrogen is usually the culprit, but other nutes, r minerals can also cause the clawing effect ur seeing. Need to fill out a Grow Support Ticket my friend

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included.

Would like to see support ticket too. Usually clawing leaves like that is from nitrogen like the others said, or maybe fan blowing too much air over them. Hard to say for sure with little information.

1 Like

No miracle grow, I’m using strawberry fields at the bottom half and a 50/50 mix of ocean forest and happy frog at the top… no nutrients have been added yet we’re still waiting for them to arrive

How do I fill out a support ticket?

Just copy and paste from my post earlier. Fill in the ticket information.

1 Like

Yup, although

Nutrient charge for soil you are using has reputation for being high right out of the bag. A slurry test or testing ppm in and out could tell you.

2 Likes
  1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow? -Indoor

2. Otigin of seeds? -Zkittlez

3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? -Autoflower

4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? -Spring water

5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?

6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. -soil strawberry fields at bottom 50/50 mix of ocean forest and happy frog on top

7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.- non yet still waiting to arrive

8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. LED 2 lights in tent one spider farmer sf2000 and a Mars hydro TS1000

9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night? Around 75 daytime- 70 night

10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night? I’m in va humidity is usually high in the 50’s during the day low 40’s night

11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?- Ac

12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"? No, tent says open and it’s a open floor plan style house so it’s not really in a small room

13. Co2 Yes / No? No

14. How long have you been growing? First grow ever

15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully? No budget

16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

First step will be checking ph of your water going in. If I remember correctly ph for soil is 6.0-6.8? May want to verify.

Blue lab ph pens are expensive but worth it.

Apera has a decent ph pen.

Also your tent will need a fan this helps keep fresh air coming into your tent. Otherwise your plants once larger will struggle.

Ac Infinity makes a damn good fan. Size depends on size of your tent.

1 Like

That may be due to soil being a little hot or, ph could be slightly off.

1 Like

It is too hot. No worries. Plants should grow through it. Make sure to add 6.5 ph’d water, and wait.

1 Like

Ok thank you

Post another pic in a day or 2 so we cna see if the plants appear to thrive. I am not sure you know, but the tips will not recover, you need to monitor the new growth and leaf tips in order to judge whether or not you have solved or grown through the issue…

Let us know. Happy growing.

Update: seems like she’s growing through it, like some of you stated I think the problem was the ff soil being a little to hot… thanks for the help!

First time growing - the leaves closest to the flowers are starting to curl and get sticky. Is this normal? Outside.