New grower need advised? Have pics if needed

I will watch ur lil lady grow welcome to the community

1 Like

I totally saved the chart for future reference lol it’s something that is good to know for sure :grin:

2 Likes

Diatomaceous Earth food grade.

1 Like

Yea, too much water. They dont need that much that young. Water and wait until the soil dries out before watering again. Even if its days.

1 Like

Thanks for everything the plant looks alot better already i raised the lights but noticed gnats I scrapped an removed the first layer of soil an aimed the fam at the soil Any other ideas? I googled it an was told try 1:1 ratio of hydro peroxide an water but
I dont want to mess anything up

2 Likes

If you just let the soil dry they’ll go away for the
most part.
You can pick up the yellow sticky traps to let you know if they’re still around. Just place them on your soil.
Peroxide In your soil will kill off any microbes or beneficial fungi that may have been added.
They would have to be reintroduced afterwards.
:v:

3 Likes

for the gnats you can also add a thin layer of sand to the top of your pots. This prevents them from getting into the soil and traps any that might be in there already. You can tend to get gnats from your choice of soil or the additives you might use. I switched to a coco or soiless medium and haven’t had a problem since. Other than that, your looking good
 the proximity of those HID lights will definitely cause the original problem
 Just like if your lights are too far away the plant will stretch, if too close the leaves will tend to curl and get a rough texture to them. Good luck

2 Likes

This depends on your plant size and age.

2 Likes

Does the bin you are using allow for drainage? Highly recommend fabric pots in the future.

2 Likes

Oldguy got you on the peroxide
that would be the end of me
use DE, sand or I have used hydroton balls ( clay pebbles as per deep water culture). Try to get neem cake or you can spray your topsoil with neem and soap mix. You can also do mosquito bits
there you have some options, google them and apply what works for you
try to always have a yellow sticky card in there to warn you
:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

DE for the record is diatomaceous earth. I suggest the food grade. Sprinkle it on your soil. They’ll go away. And as I said before and others mentioned, let your soil dry out. They’ll go away.

2 Likes

In a 5 gal pot, I water 2/3 gal and get no runoff. If I water a full gallon, I get some runoff. If outside, water every day if really hot out or every other day otherwise. If you are indoors I would say water every 4 days, approximately.

1 Like

Joker, do not blow a fan directly at your plant! Blow it above and just make sure the plant is moving just a little bit. Meaning it is wavering in the breeze. Peroxide is a bit overkill for a gnat problem. Let your soil dry out! Stick your finger in there about 1 - 2 inches. It should be pretty dry before you add any more water. Also lift your pot when it is dry and lift your pot after you’re done watering
 notice the big difference in weight. That weight difference will tell you how dry the pot is.

I never tried the sand method. That sounds perfect.

4 Likes

Tried the sand today works faster then I thought you can actually see them trying to jump out right away lol Thanks alotđŸ’ȘđŸŒ

2 Likes

When you water every 4 days in a 5gal pot do you use a gallon of water? Or is that to much? Im right before flowering indoor

1 Like

Peroxide works amazing right away the next day the plant was happy i used a thin layer of sand that also worked great for the gnats you guy were definitely a huge help I appreciate it bro

3 Likes

When I used 5 gal pots I would water with at least 2 - 2 1/2 gal and within 3-4 days they’d be dry and ready for another feed.
Good runoff when they’re bigger helps prevent salt build up in the root zone and keeps the ph from getting out of whack.
Just let them dry out good in between waterings.
:v:

2 Likes

I just picked up some myself saw a few gnats last nite diatomaceous earth is amazing u will find that out :wink:

1 Like

Watering depends on conditions. That being said, 1 gal of water for 5 gal of dry soil is about what it holds, as long as you water it in slowly to let it soak all up. But Oldguy is correct
 to prevent any salt build-up you want some run-off.

You do have drainage holes at the bottom of that container, correct? That is a storage tote, isn’t it?

1 Like

BTW you said your temps are 85 - 90F? What kind of ventilation do you have, if any? Can you take pics of the whole garden? How far is light away from plant?

Put your hand in there(at plant level), palm side down, if it feels hot then the light is too close!

You really need to get those temps down.

1 Like