New grower maybe having pest still not sure and how to control?

@T80gray @fano_man I’m running W.W. in coco. Coco PH is 6.1 day 3 of flower. Using nuke heads nutes. Rh is about 75% temp is 74°f. Last fed half strength Sunday morning day 1 of flower at 300 ppm with 3ml per gal of Cal-Mag.

Ive been having issuesfrom the start of this grow. On week 3 of veg I had to flush 2 plants to get ph down. After I get the ph right the girls grew fast. I think I have nitrogen toxicity the way the leaves are acting. Curled
In strange ways puffy bubbly and drooping but not over watered droopy with a almost brittle feel with a matte finish. Not the soft smooth almost succulent look. Was thinking I had pest for about a week now with funny looking what u would think we’re bites taken out of leaves. Like what u see a catapiller do to plants but this was far and few between. Now a hole edge of a leaf is gone. If it is pest what do y’all recommend. If it’s not. Please share some wisdom

2 Likes

Just a thought. Have you checked the placement of your fans ?
Almost looks like damage from leaves rubbing together aggressively. :thinking:
Air flow will also cause leaf curl that looks similar to n tox
Not saying there’s not a chance of critters tho just exploring options.
:v:

4 Likes

@Oldguy u might be right brother. I had 4 fans in my 5x5. A 12 inch 2 6 inch at canopy level and a 4 inch on the bottom thinking it needed it for more air circulation so I do t get any molson the fabric pots. The fabric always has that white build up. I’ll do some research on the wind damage. I’m hoping that’s all it is

1 Like

[quote=“ChaseV89, post:1, topic:64267”]
1 day 3 of flower.
[/quote]Rh is about 75%
you need to reduce your RH in flower or you could get mold, bud rot an have problems you don’t want.
Sorry I musta hit Oldguy’s reply I meant it fer @ChaseV89

1 Like

@pillsbury what ideal for flower? 50%?

Yes below 50% I like 45 er so.

1 Like

Upon further inspection I have this issue whatever it is again… The first time it was nuts burn then this came after and no one had a straight forward answer and I have found no article on it. Plus idk how I would even discribe it. @Oldguy @pillsbury @T80gray

Someone said under fed. What do y’all think.

2 Likes

@ChaseV89 I’ll be brutally honest with you, Nukeheads is known to create ph issues and lockout by plants due to the issues, also, you gotta let the medium dry out, from what I’m seeing they do look a lil over watered due to the flushing not on purpose by your part, the rough leaves you see and bumps on the leaves, i call them speed bumps is due to the excess mositure they had to endure, coco can be a bit finicky especially with new growers, if coco is what you feel comfortable with then i would suggest using dry amendments from Gaia Green :sunglasses:

1 Like

@T80gray Ok I’ll let them dry out. Damn I had no clue about nuke heads. So how could I make the switch from gia greens dry amendments? Do get the organic al porpuse 4-4-4?

1 Like

Yes the 4 4 4 and power bloom, iniatially you would mix the 4 4 4 in the medium before planting or transplanting but in your case, your plants are already established but thats ok because you can still top dress, what stage are your plants in rightnow? If you are about to flip to flower, you would let the plants recover and then top dress with the 4 4 4 and bloom, the reason for using both at the flip of flower is because the plant still needs nitrogen in the first 4 weeks of flowering and bloom nsturally promotes the developing of buds, after the first 4 weeks of flowering then u would top dress using only the bloom

1 Like

Another factor you would want to implement in your growing schedule is compost tea, compost tea generates good microbes and bacteria to break down the amendments in the medium which then provides the nutrients to the plants :sunglasses:

@T80gray I just did 24 hrs of dark. Sunday was day one and I did 5 weeks of veg. I was just fallowing a 9 week schedual. So if I fed nuke heads say today what would be my next feeding for the 4-4-4? Weekly or how does it work. I ask because I want to know from someone with experience not a youtube video. I am adding great white once a week and trying out fish shit from fish head farms. Are these plants going to make it with good buds or should I start over… Wife won’t be happy lol. What should I do till I can get ahold of some gaia greens?

For a beginner to grow amazing buds should I just use FFOF soil? So my veg for about 3 weeks is amended and then add nutes when I see it needs them? Waterings for soil are about every 4 days? And doni water till run off? For soil what do u recommend?

1 Like

When using coco you gotta ph a lil higher 6.5 to 6.8 especially when using dry amendments, i would say finish out your run with the nuke heads, ph-ing 6.5 to 6.8, using RO water and start fresh with Gaia

1 Like

Waterings is simple, water when your containers are really light, it is easier to give more when its less but you can’t take out when its more, these plants love more dry days than they do moist

1 Like

FFOF is a really good soil, let it dry out a lil because sometimes fungus nats comes with your purchase nothing a lil diatomacious earth can’t fix, with FFOF the need for feeding is also less

1 Like

I would share something with you about FFOF, planting seeds in FFOF Happy frog is better for seeds and seedlings and when transplant day comes around then you transfer them into the regular FFOF, Happy frog is less hot.

2 Likes

@T80gray That’s what Im talking about!! Good stuff. Thank you very much. You and the wisdom I have gotten here I think I’ll be able to finish this run with plants that are at least alive. Is there anything I can do to make what bud I do get more potent? At this rate I don’t know how big of a yeild ill they will give me. Also what strain is a beginner strain that u have had experience with. I’ve started my grow for my sick wife and some days she needs the strong stuff.

1 Like

I started out with Super Critical it’s easy to grow and a straightforward plant, then i moved up to the Gelatos and kush’s, the Gorilla strains are easy too and strains that have blueberry in it, White Widow is another go too strain, Seedmans seeds is a good site to check out, they have a lot of info on a huge inventory, i hope wifey starts getting better

1 Like

Your plants are not far gone, they have a good chance of bouncing back, the potency will still be there, theyield may have reduced a lil, i once stunted one of my plants and still pulled over 4oz of smelly dank off it, dry weight

1 Like