New grower looking for setup help

It doesn’t seem like a lot different, but a 4x4 is 16 sq feet and 6x6 is 36 sq feet. Cost of lighting alone would be easily double. If you’re willing to build, probably $600-$800 for a 4x4. The hlg-600 can be an assembled ready to hang option in that price range too. But you always reserve the option of building or buying a portion of your lights to get started and adding later too. So make sure you don’t short change other things on behalf of lights.

1 Like

And dont be intimidated. Alot of big words and letters. And even more product numbers to devices you have no idea go where. But if you take it one step at a time. And a bit of trust goes far as well. It’ll repay you in kind. If something confuses u ask for a break down.

Take a look into that hlg 600. Pretty sure youll find a grow or three using it. And as he said. It comes with the option to add more very easily. But ull have a ton of high quality light for 3-4 plants.

1 Like

Okay so I will stick with a 4x4 area for sure then because 6x6 will make my fiancée kill me if I spend to much money :man_facepalming:. I looked at the hlg 600 and :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: it is a beauty, just reading the reviews makes me want to purchase it. I will have to do the math quick with my money to see if I can swing that along with purchasing everything else. I like where this is all going though :grin:

1 Like

Also if you arent outside the thought of a bit of DIY then u can save a couple more coins! On a source your own parts and build yourself

It’s only legal to grow inside here in Oklahoma at the moment. We are in the process of buying a house and I get one room for my growing room. I’m just excited to finally be able to grow it’s been a dream of mine since I was 18 and I honestly never thought it would be possible but times are changing :grin:

4 Likes

Hopefully the changes reach this bible belt state before i jump ship. Lovely weather. Stupid laws. Sounds awesome of wifey BTW.

2 Likes

Yeah I can’t wait for federal changes. They are bound to come sooner or later. And yes my wifey is amazing, I don’t know how she puts up with me sometimes :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

@garrigan62 if I use your soil recipe do I need to feed my plants at all or is there enough nutrients in the soil to let them be happy and grow up fat. And how much soil will I need if I want to grow two plants in a 5-7 gallon pot. Thanks in advance back to reading some of this awesome info

1 Like

We can grow medically in the state I’m in and same as you ever since I was in high school I just hoped it would happen in my lifetime. Slowly but surely I think! :crossed_fingers::+1:Enjoy your grow!.. and FYI I have a 315 Watt CMH all-in-one Vanquish lighting system (similar to what @Hogmaster using) . I love mine though I’m just starting to use it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I can say compared to my previous light, which were HIDs, I are loving my savings on the electric bill! Good luck and have fun.

3 Likes

@dbrn32 do you know how long it usually takes horticulture lighting group to send out orders? It’s been ten business days which I know isn’t terribly long but their lead time is saying 3-4 days before product is shipped in the United States

1 Like

Usually not that long unless there was an issue with stock. Drop them an email with your order number and ask for a projected ship date. Won’t hurt.

Yeah it tried that 2 days ago. No big deal I can try and be patient I guess :joy::rofl:

Did you bury the stem. Mine are still in pucks but a thick root coming from the bottom. My pots will arrive in a week. Should i hold off till then to transplant