New grower, looking for advice

Ok sounds good will look into it

1 Like

I am in oz so will have to see whats avaiable

1 Like

So i think the best nutrients i can get are these.

And then i need a calcium one?

Maybe this
https://m.catch.com.au/product/green-planet-canada-pro-cal-5293689/?st=2&sid=Green planet&sp=10&asp=10&aqi=11f8e1e4e3e16001bafb2d6e42896f67

The base nutrients should have everything you need inside them. The only reason you would need a bottle of calcium was if you are using distilled water, or growing in water buckets. For soil, your tap water has enough in it to work

2 Likes

im going to do it in coco coir and perlite i think it was called

1 Like

Have done abit of reading seems might be easier?

1 Like

Yeah coco is super easy to maintain. Since you are going to coco then yes, I would grab a bottle of their calcium supplement

1 Like

Ok cool
Next thing is the ph testing is that something i need to worry about

Yes absolutely. You will need to get a ph pen for sure. The meter I would recommend is 45 dollars but it’s super reliable and I’ve been using it for a while with no issues. The meter is called an Apera PH20

1 Like

You can get cheap 15 dollar meters but I dont trust em

1 Like

Ok so from what i saw u mix the water with nutrients or calcium then test an should be around 5 or 6 ph

1 Like

For a coco/Hydroponic grow your gonna want your ph to be in the 5.8-6.0ph range. In soil, growers try to maintain 6.3-6.5ph. So with coco you run it a little lower

1 Like

Also with every watering are you mixing nutrients and or calcium into the 1

Ok…so the calcium will only be there if you need it. The 3 part nutrient system you got should have everything you need. If you do see a calcium deficiency start to happen then that’s when you would start beefing up the amount of calcium

1 Like

Ok , sorry but did you ever just use water or always with the nutrients

1 Like

For my nutrients…I mix up a batch of nutrients every time I water. Some nutrient companies recommend that you have a couple “water only” days but I dont do it with mine. Every single time I feed my plants, they are getting a full strength batch of my Jacks

1 Like

The only time I start giving water only is whenever I have 2 weeks left before I chop the plants down. So the last 2 weeks of the plants life they get nothing but tap water.

1 Like

This video is 45 minutes long but this is the best video for a new grower to watch. This guy is a very knowledgeable guy and if I could give you one super solid piece of advice…it would be to watch this video.

2 Likes