New grower. Looking for a consultant. Lol

Sounds possible. 6.0 in soil is pretty low. N at 900 ppms u shouldt see that mich yellowing

If I added water with a pH of 7, would that adjust the water in the soil to a 6.5 pH?

Slowly but yes. Thats how u adjust. Pour in the higher range and slowly bring runoff numbers up a tad

The Maui Wowie is doing real well 9d from the op

2 Likes

The Zkittles, not so much. Had a pretty good flushing rain here. I picked off a number of dead leaves. Will check again tomorrow.

2 Likes

Zkittles
7.0 pH in 6.4 out
180 ppm in 1114 out

Maui
7.0 pH in 6.2 out
180 ppm in 680 out

These two are driving me nuts! I can’t keep them green, but tbh, this is the first watering I had pH out in the 6.2 - 6.4 pH range.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

So I watered and checked pH again today. Been reading and obtained a larger runoff sample. I noticed the pH was 5.8 after an initial 6.3 reading. Both plants were acidic after taking a larger runoff sample. I guess I underestimated how acidic the soil is and didn’t really get a great runoff sample previously.

So I decided to run alkaline water through the plant and checked the runoff. If the runoff was still too low, I dosed a lil pH up and reran the water through the plant… Don’t know if this is the correct way to do this multiple times of upping the alkalinity, eventually I was getting 6.4 in the runoff. An I on the right track here? Will the extra doses of alkaline water stabilize my pH or will I continue to chase it?

@Myfriendis410 you mine checking in on this thread and give me your thoughts?

1 Like

I read everything and think overall plants are doing fine and you’ve gotten good advice from solid growers. I did notice every picture soil layer looks wet so wanted to make sure of your watering practices. Let pot dry out to the point of almost wilting before watering. Always water to runoff, alternate feeding and watering.

TDS is low for FFOF as pointed out. I would suggest supplementing like it was soilless media (coco) and PH around 6.0 to 6.2. Feeding using good cannabis friendly nutrients (I like General Hydroponics Flora Series) and mix to a TDS of around 1,200 ppm in soil.

Fabric pots would help plants breathe easier and your wife’s suggestion about heat is valid: plants should be in a place that YOU would feel comfortable. If it’s too hot for you it’s too hot for the plants. When it’s hot; dappled shade or shade is best, with good airflow.

I think plants need more size before taking clones IMO.

Excellent. Thank you so much!

Edit:. I’ll be moving to fabric pots

1 Like

One small question. When you say pH around 6.0 to 6.2., do you mean that the runoff should be 6.2?

What size fabric pots you going to? I’m using 5 Gal.

Not sure. I’m going to keep these as mothers for now so 3gal maybe.

I’m going to put the mothers in 5 gal cloth. For my sog tent, I’m going to use 3 gal.

Knock on wood, I hope I have this pH thing figured out. After runnning high alkaline water through the plants and receiving a lot of rain water, I top dressed with a couple table spoons of Dr Earth 4 6 3. Man they have looked better the past couple days.

Question: Does leaf size indicate the health of the plant? @PurpNGold74 @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Shape and color do but not size

3 Likes

Yup color is alot more important. But they do look alot happier

1 Like

Plants had been doing pretty good, but now i have these spots showing up in both plants. Any idea what it is?

strong text

Fix the issue?

Lol. No.

That’s all I have left. I do think I figured out the pH issue, but then I think I ended up not top dressing with nutrients. I pitched some as a last ditch effort and walked away. The things did end up greening back up a bit and I’m hoping to get a couple grams to at least sample it.