New Grower - Leaves are curling and drying up

HELP!! New grower and my leaves are curling. I’ve read nutrient overload and over watering. I’ve put the pot on something to allow air flow under it and I haven’t added any additional nutrients at all. What should I do???

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you do not know, or do not use something asked about; Just say so, or post
NA (non applicable).

1. Indoor or outdoor - size of grow, tent, toom
  2. Origin of water.
  3. Otigin of seeds. seedbank, friedn, bag seed.
  4. Regular, feminized, or autoflower
  5. -Age of plant. Veg ot flower
  6. Method: Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics.
  7. Vessels: Pots, Raised bed, Hydro,(what type hydro)
  8. PH and TDS/EC of source water
  9. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution.
  10. Provided lighting: Power? LED, HID, Fluorescents, or other?
  11. Temperayitr; Day and Night
  12. Humidity; Day and Night
  13. Ventilation system; Yes/ No. Size?
  14. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: Yes or no.
  15. C02: Yes or no
  16. Hydro:

a. -DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?

b. -Temperature of reservoir

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add; Anything else you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate ot the end of the survey in order to help us understand yout issues.

Thanks!

1. Indoor or outdoor - size of grow, tent, room INDOOR GROW TENT - 4FT
  2. Origin of water. TAP WATER
  3. Otigin of seeds. seedbank, friedn, bag seed. ILGM STRAWBERRY KUSH
  4. Regular, feminized, or autoflower FEMINIZED
  5. -Age of plant. Veg ot flower 4 WEEKS
  6. Method: Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. MIRACLE GROW SOIL
  7. Vessels: Pots, Raised bed, Hydro,(what type hydro) POTTED
  8. PH and TDS/EC of source water UNKNOWN
  9. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution. UNKNOWN
  10. Provided lighting: Power? LED, HID, Fluorescents, or other? GROW LIGHT PROVIDED WITH GROW TENT FROM VIVOSUN
  11. Temperayitr; Day and Night 74 / 66
  12. Humidity; Day and Night 60 - 65
    13. Ventilation system; Yes/ No. Size? CONSTANT RUNNING SMALL FAN
    14. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: Yes or no. NO
  13. C02: Yes or no NO
  14. Hydro: NO

a. -DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?

b. -Temperature of reservoir

How many plants you have in tent. Size of tent you said 4 ft. So 4x4x80 inches ? Few more things I noticed.1 miracle grow not really weed friendly because of it time released nutes. 2 Need a Ph pen. Ppm pen those are a most have . Also you running a burble light ? Pic of light please as well

1 Like

And a small purple light.

48 x 24 x 60 tent

1 Like

That’s a rough start.

Even tougher.

As @Kingkupa said, you’re in for a hard time. MiracleGro is time-released heavy nitrogen nutrients. It’s often too much for a cannabis plant and is considered “not cannabis friendly.”

The VS1000 is a good veg light. Packs 100watts of nice full spectrum power, but it will leave you wanting a better light when it’s flower time. Like 3x more power type better light.

I can’t stress enough that you will need to get a good PH pen (Apera or BlueLabs are both good) and a TDS/ppm meter of some kind. A cheap $5 one will work, but the brand names mentioned for PH pens would be better.

The leaf trouble you’re seeing can be
1: nitrogen toxicity (although I usually see the leaves curling down rather than up like tacos)
2: heat stress. This seems unlikely unless your light is way too close and at 100% power (12” or closer to the plant)
3: ph problems.
4: issues with the tap water containing too much chlorine.
5: all of the above.

I recommend getting a 5gal bucket of tap water and letting it sit out for 24 hrs. Then flush your plants thoroughly with the water that has aged (to let the chlorine evaporate). That may help get the Nutrients flushed some (not sure) and resolve any chlorine related issues.

As far as the others, you’ll need a ph meter and a tds meter to help address the rest.

1 Like

I believe @Dr.ofSmokology has grown in MG may be he can give you some advice on what to do.

3 Likes

At 4 weeks and a photo, I would re-pot in a medium other than MG. You’ll deal with the time released nutrients throughout the grow. MG can’t be regulated as in you’ll need less nitrogen and more P&K during flower. Flushing will release those nutrients as will watering to run off. Just my opinion and what I would do :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

What would you recommend for a new medium?

1 Like

@Deepsix thanks for the tag. @NewNYGrowers if your only on week 4 veg and its a photo plant then i would recommend replanting in a better medium. being a photo plant it will be able to adapt to the new stuff.

2 Likes

Fox farm coco loco is one of my go to mediums. You can feed and water daily to run off without the risk of the salts and minerals building up in the root zone :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Same thing I suggested :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

yay im learning things lmao

1 Like

You da man Brother, I’ve taken some risky repots with autos and photos when I’ve gotten into trouble :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

What do you mean by “photo” plant? (Sorry, I’m new at this LOL)

1 Like

photo seeds… plants that rely on change in light schedule or seasons to change to flower.

1 Like

Coco loco will arrive tomorrow. Thanks so much for the help. You guys are the best!!!

1 Like

You want regret that move. It will come with a PPM of around 800-850. I would water only for a week or so checking your run off seeing as you’re starting at week 4ish versus from seed. On a seed growth you would be good with PH water for 4-5 weeks as they develop, you’re last the root development stage.