New grower, introducing myself and one quick question

Got it. Thanks!

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty, @MattyBear, @Midwestnewbie
I thought I’d tag some of you experts to give an update and see if you might be able to help with a couple questions. First, some reference materials…

I started run-off on three of the four. Number One’s readings were PPM In 251, PPM Out 1412. pH In 6.7, Out 6.5. This was the second watering to run-off for this one. #3 got it’s first run-off with readings of PPM In 251, PPM Out 1216. pH In 6.7, Out 6.5. I’m hoping all that is within range.

Now a couple questions. Does #1 look normal for being topped? Just looks like two more nodes coming off.

#2 was topped at the same time. But it has a chute growing up the middle, so I don’t know if either of them were topped correctly. Thoughts?

#3 I topped today, hopefully correctly.

#4 I fimmed a few days ago.

Thanks again for your time and happy growing!

JPM

3 Likes

They look good, but it looks like you didn’t go low enough for the fim on #4 so that is topped as well. :v::bear:

3 Likes

The hst looks great! You did a good job.

The run-off ppms are a bit high, I think, for the age of your plant. PH looks good, though.

1 Like

@JonnyPM I’m an expert at smoking my friend these guys above are way more knowledgeable than myself you’re in great hands. Looks good though. :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Looking good @JonnyPM

:laughing:

@MattyBear, @blackthumbbetty, @Viktor7, @Covertgrower.
Hello all, just a quick update. First image is of the plants on the 13th. Second pic is this morning. They sure are growing. I might flip this weekend. And I’ve got a friend I’ll probably give two of them to. Hoping they are all girls, I can’t tell yet. I’ve been feeding them AN nutes, gradually building up the dose. Right now they are 44 days old.

That’s all folks!
JPM

3 Likes

Looking real good in there! :+1::v:

1 Like

Looking great! @JonnyPM

Perfection! Looking like they are growing up.

@Covertgrower, @Viktor7, @MattyBear, @Midwestnewbie

22 Days later… Of the four plants, two turned out to be males. So off to camp with them (that’s what I told the girls anyway, they won’t remember in two weeks). I thought I was pretty lucky to have 2 out of 4 be female since they were just bagseeds. Anyway, updated pics are attached. This is 16 days after the flip. They are about 19", I just did a little LST on the back one so it doesn’t look at tall as it did a couple days ago. And it needs watering. I think the one in back (#3) is a hybrid of some sort, maybe leaning towards sative. I think #2 is more along the lines of an indica. But what do I know?

They are up to the full-dose AN nute trio and I’m going to start giving them some additional bloom/flowering supplements tomorrow. Starting slow of course.

I think they look good, lots of bud sites, but they didn’t hardly stretch at all. I don’t know if they should be further along or not.

Thanks!
JPM

6 Likes

Looking great @JonnyPM

3 Likes

Beautifully done @JonnyPM for your first time well done.

2 Likes

Looking really good @JonnyPM! Keep up the good work :wink::v::bear:

2 Likes

looking good. pretty ladies.

Wanted to concur with everyone. Looks, nice mate. If you find yourself already hooked on growing. Invest in it when ready. Cause it’s an addicting hobby to have. Ironically, the 80’s and 90’s propaganda on weed being addicting is partly true haha. Just they should have said growing weed is addicting to do lmao.

The plants look great! Are you going for a bonsai plant? That may be something to think about since you topped at a lower height. The beauty of bonsai plants is they are easier to train and manage.

It’s best to let the pots dry out in between waterings! This is only after they have a large enough root mass. You’ll usually see the roots become bound and grow out the bottom of the pot! The best way that I found to tell whether or not to water is the weight of the container. The pot will be extremely light when you pick it up. At that point, the plant is searching for water.

Happy Growing!
GrowMarijuana.live

1 Like

Bigger pot=bigger plants
3-5 gallon usually will get 3-5 feet tall

11 days later… Already looking frosty.

These are only about 20" tall, but I topped them a lot and also did LST. Definitely getting 5 gal. for the next one.

And yes, @JD419WhyWait, it’s addicting. I like that it gives something to look forward to every day. I dig getting up in the morning and waking the girls to see how they did in the night (my day/night is 9:00 am/pm).

My new seeds made it through customs, yeehaw. Hopefully WITHOUT a nice note from them.

JPM

4 Likes