New Grower Indoor Blueberry Autoflower - PH Low

Any advice appreciated.
Plants are at 14 days, 3 BB Auto seeds water germination 100% success, one plant (with the temp gauge in pic) sprouted with light green and contorted leaves. Just gave 2nd full watering and plant closest pic started getting little brown spots and the light green, contorted leaves started getting brown spots that have increased in size. The 3rd plant on back left looks pretty good to me.
My theory is that I have over watered? The pH prior to watering is 6.0, then runoff is 5.0 on all 3 plants.
Should I just let the last watering dry out?
Maybe add Cal/Mag Plus at next watering and go higher with pH?

Strain: Blueberry Autoflower, from ILGM
Soil: **Happy Frog, in 3 gal fabric pots
PH: 6 going in, RunOff = 5.0
Strength of nutrient mix: Flora Series Kit, 1st week pH’d warter, 2nd week 1/4 recommended nutes.
Indoor
Light system: 150 HPS, with 2 SunBlaze 24 in CFL.
Temps; 75 - 77 deg
Humidity; 39 - 40
Ventilation system; Yes, 70 cfm bathroom ceiling fan, and small fan inside
Co2; No

3 Likes

I would suggest increasing your PH to 6.5ish over the long haul but short-term I think you want to go higher to get your soil PH up. I think I’d water her with 7ph or something like that until the soil is in range. You can see what others say about that.

The soil looks a bit dry as well but maybe it’s hard to tell from a picture.

2 Likes

Thanks for your advice Mattew420!

I think you can add crushed oyster shells and stuff like that but I don’t know enough about it. I’d wait to hear from others, good to get multiple opinions.

Watering your soil with neutral PH like @Matthew420 suggest, I concer.

Happy frog potting soil has all nutrients needed for your plants for almost all the vegetative stage of them. There is no need to feed them until between 5 to 7 weeks.

Your PH gone a stabilise with watering schedule with neutral PH 7.

Hoping that’s gone a helping you @CutTheCord

@CutTheCord

yes it is important to know your run off ph. there is a reason why your ph is coming out almost a full 1.0 lower than its goin in. soil is too acidic. testing your runoff is just about the easiest way to test your soil ph. but the main question is how do your plants look? are they showing a ph problem? or any problem at all or do they look healthy? dolomite lime is what you should ammend your soil with to bring up the ph. it has a neutral ph. considering its like $10 i believe for a 40lb bag cost isnt an issue and it will last forever. i have ran into same issue with roots organic and after top dressing with the dolomite it eventually climbed its way back up. easiest solution for you tho man, go coco lol. it doesnt have its own ph its neutral like the dolomite meaning the only thing your plant gets is what you feed it and it eliminates the whole soil ph issue.
have fun and be safe!

Will

2 Likes

Appreciate your input @Niala! Going to ph of 7 going in.

1 Like

Thanks for your quick response @garrigan62 . Next watering going in to pH of 7 and picking up Dolomite today. Would I be adding a layer of dolomite on top and work it in a little so not to damage roots? Or just let it sit on top and watering works it in?

@CutTheCord

I mix mine with the soil near the top and yes watering will do the rest

Will

1 Like

Thanks a billion @garrigan62. The 3 auto blueberry are at day 28.
PH run off has stabilized at 6.5. Watered yesterday going in at 6.5 and run off was at 6.5.
My new concern is space, leaves are touching the sides, think I am fine with height. Cabinet is 21x27x48 inches.
I did not think all 3 would make it, first time grow and all.
I am wondering if I should do anything different since tight on space.
1. Maybe prune, or change in light schedule running 24/0 all along?
2. Or will these girls be just fine, with a smaller yield?
3. Would you recommend any changes?
It is possible for me to expand the space with quite a bit of work and time. Just not sure if it is worth it?

4 Likes

They are looking great @CutTheCord :heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::innocent::+1::ok_hand::v:

I agree @Niala they are looking great :+1: @CutTheCord

1 Like

Thanks man @Niala @Countryboyjvd1971. Good to hear from some experienced growers.
Do you have any recommendations for my questions, included in the update? It seems like the area is going to be too tight for the girls.
I can make an attempt at expanding the grow cabinet. But it will be a good full days worth of work. Or will the plants be able to stay healthy but smaller in the tight space?

My main concern is the 48 inch in height , you can always trim the side leaves. If you decide to topping or fimming, be advise that the more you top, more bushier it will get, it really depend on what you’re gone a be able to do with your space.

Can you do it wider ? Can you did it higher. Can you do both (it’s preferable). Or, are you comfortable to switch to a higher skill grow technic like SCROG and LST. It really depend on you my fellow grower and what you wish and what you can do :wink::innocent::v:

Hoping that’s helping you :innocent:

~Al :v: :innocent:

Again I have to agree with @Niala
Height will be a problem and train techniques used to control height will only make them bushier so if you can expand its to your benefit
My box is 6 feet tall and my lights are at there max height now still have a few weeks left
So as Niall said if you can go wider and taller do even if it’s a pain you’ll only benefit later bro
:v::cowboy_hat_face:CB

Appreciate your input Al.
It will be easier to go wider. But I am going to put some thought into this. Heck, anything is possible I could actually go higher and wider. I’m sure it will be worth the work to give them the space. The plant on the right in the update pic I did LST on she is bent 90 deg at about 3 inch up from soil. The plant on the left, tried LST she nearly snapped off, about 80% of the stalk was free flowing, quick wrapped a bandaid around it a she made it, but a bit shorter. I just let her go didn’t want to mess with her again.

1 Like

Thanks CB,
I think your input sealed the deal, gotta go higher and wider. I’m sure it’ll pay off. Thanks so much @Countryboyjvd1971 @Niala. Will send updates as moving forward.

2 Likes

You’re welcome @CutTheCord , always a pleasure to help a fellow grower :grinning: :+1: :v: :innocent:

1 Like

I’m gonna jump on the bandwagon and beat the dead horse. Go wide or go home!

Looking good @CutTheCord

Thanks @bob31! I’m growing and learning, for certain. And man a lot of work, should be all worth it at the finish line. :sunglasses: Getting started with the new space tomorrow. So cool to be finally growing and be able to reach out to experienced growers! :sunglasses:

3 Likes