New grower here 👋

New grower here! White widow fems started growing fine now running into an issue. I use distilled water . Occasionally I used tap before knowing to let it sit for 24hrs open to dechlorinate. Yellow spots started this morning.

Welcome! I’m leaning towards pH with the spots. When you used tap, was it ph’ed? Copy, paste and fill out the info below and the growers here will help square you away!!!

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Soil Type: Soil, coco, mix? Brand?

• Vessel:

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable):

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable:

• Indoor or Outdoor:

• Light system and measurements: Brand, model, height, intensity?

• Temps Day and Night:

• Humidity Day and Night:

• Ventilation system: Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

• Co2: Yes or No?

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed ILGM
  • Soil Type: Soil, coco, mix? Brand? Fox farm
  • Vessel: plastic pot
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): never ph balanced
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable:
  • Indoor or Outdoor: indoor
  • Light system and measurements: Brand, model, height, intensity? Ac infinity ion board s33 28 inches 40%
  • Temps Day and Night:80-85
  • Humidity Day and Night: 60%
  • Ventilation system: Yes, No, Size No
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? Humidifier
  • Co2: Yes or No? No

You should be ok since you’re going with distilled now. When using tap water, it has to be pH balanced between 6.3-.8 for soil. Fox Farms. Soils come pretty loaded with nutrients, as well, and some times there can be little hot spots. Seedlings generally don’t need any nutrients at all the first few days, but this is ok. Just continue to water with distilled every couple of days. A few milliliters in a circle a couple inches from the stalk.

When you start mixing nutrients, distilled water can start getting pricey, depending on budget. You can use tap. Like you said, let it sit for a day loosely covered. Then add your nutrients, and adjust pH after. Always make sure tap water is dechlorinated and ph’ed, even if giving it by itself.

Hope this helps. Good luck and happy growing!!!

Edit/add… Distilled water, alone, doesn’t need any pH adjustments.

1 Like

Welcome to the neighborhood :grinning:

1 Like