New grower having problem need help

I feel it it water on the leaves that is causing your concern. Water on leaves cause a burn effect when lights are on. Prism effect. If you are watering and getting it on the leaves, do it during dark time.
And, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

4 Likes

@dbrn32 @Not2SureYet someone else is in the early stages of what happened to mine. Help this man before he has a whole plant of fan leaves, lol. @Epi5ode

2 Likes

I think the others may be correct in that water on leaves could be causing this. Also curious about white stuff.

2 Likes

Think it may be light reflection from the water on the leaves. Kinda like here

1 Like

Very rarely did I spray my leaves. If I did, it was at night with a silicon solution. I only did this twice. All the other 4 plants never showed any signs of this. I really feel it’s something more. This plant has just grown weird compared to the others. Just a hunch from a new grower, lol. Probably not worth much.

It’s variegation just like the OP’s plant. Think it may be a coincidence that she’s a runt and variegated as opposed to it being a runt because it variegated. Either way there’s nothing you can do to fix it. She may still grow out of it.

1 Like

The plants in pictures above are clearly wet at multiple times. Easy conclusion to draw here. Not to say the same issue with your plants, but maybe it was related. There is no logical conclusion between i did this to 5 plants only one of them has an issue. They are 5 different plants in 5 different pots, in 5 different positions in grow room. Doesn’t matter what you do the same, there shouldn’t be expectation that your plants are all going to be the same. I have no idea what issue is with your plant, just like I said in the other topic.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Understood :ok_hand:

1 Like

@BobbyDigital Thank you sir. I will massage her to the best of my greenhorn ability.

thanks for all the help yeah i do wet the leaves when watering that does make sense yeah i didnt think about it like that ima have to change that

1 Like

ok good to know i was trying to figure out when i should feed and stuff

1 Like

Happy Frog soil has enough nutes in it for the first 4 weeks but you should use calmag every watering even when you aren’t feeding nutes

2 Likes

Does that go for us using miracle grow as well? Add calmag? Or Epsom salts?

That I couldn’t tell you unfortunately due to most not using MG I have no clue whats all in it sorry bud

1 Like

ok yeah i didnt know that okgetting some now

1 Like

There are a bunch of options out there for calmag i personally like and use blue planet nutrients calmag you can get a gallon for around 30$ on Amazon

@BobbyDigital @MeEasy @dbrn32 I read a little on variegated today when I had a little time. How could I have maybe better handled this plant from beginning? Give it as little stress as possible? What about light? It seems there photosynthesis process is a little lacking because of the spots. Would moving them closer to the light maybe help out and offset that? I feel like I can now spot one and deal with it more carefully. Just trying to be more prepared for next time and maybe @Epi5ode can do a better job with his than I have with mine. I read that someone mentioned there have been variegated plants have been popping up more.

It’s genetic. There’s nothing you did to cause it or could do to prevent it. It’s just a cosmetic anomaly. Like a person that is covered in freckles.

2 Likes

It sounds like I am overthinking this, lol.

2 Likes

You’re over thinking it bud. Unless you’re running clones of a proven phenotype, you’re at the mercy of the gods

1 Like