New grower, got sprouts, have questions

The smell is the same as when I harvested them. Kind of a dank, hoppy aroma.

I installed a Spider Farmer SF4000 last Friday. It’s 450W & says it’s good enough to cover a 4’x4’ area for bloom, my grow area is 3x3.

I’m running it at 60% and getting roughly 38 to 60 DLI across the canopy on a 12-hour light cycle. Already I can tell the plant likes the new light better.

2 Likes

Found 'em on Amazon. But they were pricy. Going to the flea market this weekend. Hoping to score.

1 Like

I can’t tell you how tough it is for me to not peak into the tent until after 9:30am now that I’m on a bloom schedule, especially when I wake up between 3am & 4am most days.

Lights on has to be 9:30am because I may need to do plant maintenance as late as 9:30pm if I get home late from work or have other stuff going on.

In unrelated news: I just ordered a second bag of Jacks Part A & a 3rd bottle of pH down.

@SilvaBack203,

I accidentally left the jars open 2 hours this morning and I noticed one of the hydrometers jumped from 64% to 66%. So I stuck one in the closet next to all the jars.

The closet’s relative humidity is 66%. So I’m taking it that to mean any jar at or below 66% is already stable for humidity.

1 Like

Definitely stable hows the smell did u smoke a sample yet

@SilvaBack203,

We haven’t tried smoking it yet. It smells the same as harvest day. The closest thing I can describe it to is Columbus hops.

1 Like

Give it a try and see how it breaks and smoke

Wife hasn’t been in the mood for a smoke yet.

Today looks to be the last day I can tuck around the second scrog net, colas are getting too thick and want to snap.

Moved the light up all the way to the cross bar. If I get more than 13 inches of stretch, it’s on to Plan-B: the mother-in-law guest room.

The light is set at 80% & I have 38 - 65 DLI.

I also had to take the heating lamp out to move the light up. I’m hoping the light keeps the canopy at 73F

Current status:

2 Likes

The temperature swing on the canopy with the heating lamp gone and the light turned up to 80% is:
68F - lights off
81F - lights on

Should be okay.

I could move the heat lamp lower, but I don’t want to risk baking the roots.

Also, I have flowers:

3 Likes

Do you only infuse bud, wet trim with the Levo II? Any use to fan leaves and other trim from defoliating?

You won’t get a lot of THC or CBD out of fan leaves because they don’t grow many tricomes. The trim you want to use in the LEVO are the little sugar leaves that grow among the buds. You separate those from the bud you dry for smoking for a better flavored smoke.

I’ve circled a sugar leaf on my plant that just went into bloom.

I got a lot of airy tiny buds that would have been to difficult to keep from over-drying. So I use those in with the sugar leaves I saved.

However, the fan leaves, stems, & stalks are high in nutritional value, just like a green leafy vegetables. You can add them to salads, sandwiches, or smoothies.

2 Likes

I always liked my sectional 2-door tent. I use the short side for storage & to hide the pump & reservoir.

I didn’t fall in love with it until today when I had to physically climb into the tent to defoliate the back side of the plant tonight. I took off weak colas and fan leaves below the bottom net. The fan leaves down there weren’t getting enough light. The tiny colas weren’t going to produce much and were blocking air flow.

I also may end up being okay on height. It hasn’t grown much this week.

Status update:

2 Likes

I guess we are looking at a 5/30/22 to 6/12/22 harvest date.

I think I’ll need to do at least one more defoliation to increase airflow among the buds.

The airflow actually looked fairly good today: Unless I start seeing dead fan leaves starved of light, I’ll leave it alone.

I also finally packaged the bud tonight with #8 62% boveda humidor packs.

What do you do with the weak coals you trim?

I tossed them in my green waste bin in a paper bag. They were too young to have many terps & they wouldn’t have been high in THC anyway. This plant is barely 3 weeks into flower.

I have enough better quality trim from the other 3 plants that I didn’t need to save what I took Friday.

2 Likes

GREEN Smoothie daily. Ninja blender loves green

I’ve started occasionally pilfering one or two of my wife’s gummies on the weekends to help with post-workout DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). I switched from an elliptical to a treadmill and it’s taking a while for my body to get used to impact running again. The muscles used are a little different too.

The 1mg of THC & CBD is just enough to make me a little sleepy & relaxed.

I slacked off my journal for a while and had to correct a bunch of dates today.

This is officially the start of Week 5 of flower. Buds are starting to get fat. Harvest projection: 5/10 - 5/23. Memorial Day Weekend (5/30) would be a nice target date.

I’m thinking of lollipopping above the top scrog net this weekend and basically leaving the canopy between the nets. It’s going to be a PITA to do all that defoliation.

I think I’ll end up being okay with the plant not stretching into the light. Having the extra area & wattage made a huge difference.