New grower, got sprouts, have questions

@SilvaBack203,

My wife seems to like the ≈ 1 mg/gummy THC & CBD dosage. It gives her some relief without making her feel intoxicated. The ones she’s been buying really knock her out.

I told her not to ration them because I can make another 170 in a day.

I think my next attempt will be cutting the coconut oil in half, adding an extra half-cup of juice, & adding an extra tablespoon of agar.

1 Like

Nice thoese are some great feedbacks. I think cutting in half might add a little more flavor.

1 Like

I’m so envious… can’t wait til I can do this. My husband needs it desperately.

3 Likes

Do you have a source/link for instructions/recipe? :thinking:

2 Likes

@GrnyGrows,

It’s still a work in progress, 1st Vegan Gummy Attempt:

Decarbing & infuse with LEVO2

1. 6oz wet white widow CBD trim & air bud.
  2. Dry for 4 hours at 125F, weight = 2.1oz after dry cycle, wasn’t 100% dry
  3. Activate for 1 hour at 240F.
  4. Infuse into 1 cup of coconut oil for 2.5 hours at 170F

Recipe

1. 1 cup infused coconut oil (above)
  2. 2 cups juice
  3. 4 tbsp maple syrup
  4. 4 tbsp agar agar
  5. Frozen molds

Steps

1. Whisk together the fruit juice, syrup, and agar in the saucepan
  2. Raise the saucepan to low heat
  3. Simmer the mixture for 3 minutes. Use a hand blender to mix agar into the juice.
  4. Remove the mixture from heat
  5. Pour the infused coconut oil into the saucepan with the gummy mixture
  6. Use a hand blender to emulsify the oil into the juice.
  7. If the coconut oil has cooled considerably, raise the saucepan heat to low
  8. Allow the coconut oil to fully congeal into the gummy mixture
  9. Once the substances are fully combined, use the eyedropper to fill the gummy molds
  10. Allow the gummies to cool for around an hour before eating

Notes
The mixture will thicken as it cools. You need to reheat it to liquify it again. Two people working the droppers is preferable because of how fast the mixture thickens.

On my second attempt, I’ll infuse the same amount of bud & trim into half a cup of coconut oil & use 2.5 cups of juice.

The flavor isn’t strong. I’m hoping cutting the oil will help.

Because of the agar & coconut oil, the texture is more ‘fruit chew’ than ‘gummy.’ Not as firm as a starburst. I’m also thinking about adding one more Tbsp agar.

It made 8 sheets of gummy molds.

1 Like

There is also this thread.

My Gummies - I did the trial and error, you reap the rewards!

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you. I cant wait to try it.

1 Like

@GrnyGrows,

Good luck.

Also, make sure to use agar powder, not agar flakes.

1 Like

When you say infuse – do you mean just cook it in the oil, or should I grind the trim and then place it in the oil base?

1 Like

You are awesome. I need the benefits of your trial badly.

1 Like

So, I have a LEVO2. It’s an expensive machine, but it does everything & doesn’t stink up the house. I figured it was worth the investment & I can use it for other herbal infusions my wife likes to use.

With the LEVO2, I put the wet trim/bud in it’s basket (like a tall tea egg) and set it to dry. Then I took the herb out and ground it. Then I put the ground herb back in the basket and set it to decarb. Then I added the coconut oil & set it to infuse. Then I drained the infused oil out of the LEVO2 (herb retained in the tea egg basket) and poured it into the juice mixture.

If you don’t have a LEVO2, your process for drying, decarbing, and infusing will be different.

I just bought yhe Levo II. I roasted the trim. Can i just keep the dried trim in a container until the Levo gets here?

1 Like

Sure. I keep my trim sealed in Mylar bags and stored in the freezer.

1 Like

It’s taken 9 days for the Gold Leaf to fill out the scrog net.

I’ll be ordering the Spider Farmer light tomorrow. I may also be buying a hydro system for growing vegetables. If I do, that’s where my current light will end up.

I’d also like to take a minute to mention how much less stress growing one plant is than growing four plants are. I mean, my setup is relatively hands-off. But it is still so much easier & less tine consuming taking care of one.

I might switch to doing just one monster plant at a time.

3 Likes

Hooray. I’ve got a bunch of babies growing and I’m gonna have lots of trim. I don’t want to waste it.

1 Like

Apparently the little light leaks in my tent aren’t enough to hurt the blooming process. It’s 8 days since I flipped the light to 12-12 & her pre-bud pistils are showing.

The new Spider Farmer light should arrive tonight. It advertises a 4x4 footprint for blooming & I have a 3x3 tent, so it should be more than enough. I’ll get it hung & place the second scrog net up for controlling bloom stretch.

On the vegetable front, I’m looking at a Hydrofarm Root Spa 8 x 5 gallon bucket system. Normal operation would be to start it indoors in February & move it outside in April. I’d probably need both an aquarium heater & chiller for it depending on the outdoor season. I’d also hook a rain barrel up to the nearest downspout to conserve water. I’d probably have to dose the rain barrel regularly with chlorine to keep algae & bugs under control.

Finally, it’s time to consider the next grow: second round of the same autos or order a different strain?

@GrnyGrows, awesome. Let me know how it goes.

New light is in place & I’m screwed.

I thought I could hang it higher. It’s all the way up on the pulleys and I’ve only got 7 or 8 inches to the bottom of the light to the tallest part of the plant. I might be able to get another 4 inches if I hang it directly from the top of the tent, but that’s it.

I also don’t know how I’ll get this monster out of the tent when it’s finished. It’s wider than the door.

I spent more time than I wanted fiddling with it at lunch. I’ll hang the second scrog tomorrow.

By backup plan, I guess, is to pull it out of the tent & move it into a spare bedroom if it outgrows the tent.

The problem with that plan is I have family visiting in 10 weeks & my guess is that’s in the ballpark for harvest day.

What kind of containers are displayed?

The three autos were in Maxx Yield Power Pots, “3 gallon”. They are a cheap knockoff version of the air pots & their actual size is about 2.5 gallons. They were $34 for 6 on Amazon

The gold leaf is in a 10 gallon AutoExpress Air Root Pot. Again it’s an Airpot knockoff. It was $22 on Amazon.

The pots have a built in riser so the base is not sitting in water, but I still recommend using an additional one. The roots of the gold leaf keep trying to grow out of the bottom of the AutoExpress.