New grower giving updates

Ok, so 775 is low for where you are at in veg especially with FFHF soil… hmmm… from the looks of her she has plenty of nitrogen…

6.1 isn’t horrible but could come up a little…maybe pH up (after adding any nutrients) to about 6.7, never try to swing to far at once.

I just want to be sure I understand:
You have spring water at 7.3
Are you adding any nutrients right now?
You said you picked up some General Hydroponic Maxi Bloom? Are you using that now?
Have you tried adjusting the pH before you water?

I’ve done nothing but water with the spring water at the ph of 7.3. No nutes or anything. I just heard when using the organic soil it may run out towards the end so I grabbed the maxibloom just in case. I did the slurry test in distilled water that had a ph of 6.9.

1 Like

I also was under the impression spring water was neutral which is why I was using it. So I’m glad I bought the testers

1 Like

Most soils contain enough nutrients for at least 3-4 weeks.

Well, she looks like she’s got plenty of nitrogen for sure… most soils will feed enough for 3-4 weeks in veg (not from seedling).

A PPM out right now of 775, IMO, is low.

Maxi Grow is a 5-15-14 and I don’t think you need to add that much nitrogen right now… maybe later.

You won’t go wrong adding Cal/Mag - I use General Organics because it is low in N and adds Molasses (which has so many benefits)… if you still need more Mag you can use a VERY tiny amount of epsom salts but I don’t see that deficiency in yours.

Always adjust pH after adding any nutrients.
Don’t make big adjustments each time and remember it can take a week to see change in new growth

I would just up my pH to about 6.7 for a few waterings and if you want to feed, feed something fairly low in all NPK and use at half strength until you see how she reacts.

Ok sounds good. I think I’ll try to get some of the general organic cal mag today locally. These are autoflower also

1 Like

Yeah, they look like autos…
Keep me posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Caligurl @merlin44 @Treasurestoy So I went ahead and did a flush with 6.5 ph water on them after talking to my local store. But today I snapped the branch on the GG :disappointed:. I didn’t take pictures right away because I grabbed scotch tape and taped her back. I think I broke 80% through the stem. I guess we will see what happens.

1 Like

2 Likes

Usually when i snap a repair left i put a lil honey on the break then use electric tape to hold it together till it heals but yoy should be ok

2 Likes

I’ve heard of the honey too, but I just tape them back together and they just grow a big strong ‘knuckle’ at the break

i’ve broke a bunch of branches as I am still learning and arthritis and what not. I do the ol honey trick and tape it up also. may use a soft tie to take weight if I can. about 80% success rate that way when I don’t make it worse.

1 Like

So doing this!! I’m new at growing so I’m soaking all the info in. My 8 week baby from seed i believe is ready for this. She is growing great and stem is very pliable. Ordered supplies for this after looking at your post. Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Yeah your baby girl is ready to start tieing down

2 Likes

YAYYYYYY!!! LOVE WATCHING HER GROW DAILY. CAN YOU LOOK AT THIS PIC AND TELL ME IF I TOPPED HER CORRECTLY?

2 Likes

Not sure if you top when you do this but before I seen this I topped her.

1 Like

She looks super healthy! Nice work!

1 Like

You got it from the angle im looking at great job keep up the good work

2 Likes

Thank you for helping us beginners

1 Like

Thank you also. Every little bit of advice I can get…I will take. Great forum, great people.

2 Likes

If yall ever need anything just tag if i can help i will if i can’t ill point you to some one who can like @Caligurl im soil and organic but i know alot about soilless and salt nutes. I have some new beans otw when they get here I’m starting a journal I’m going to be doing a Lil cross breading in this grow and would love to invite all of you to it when it starts if that’s ok with yall

2 Likes