New grower giving updates

looking good!

2 Likes

Very nice start. I think that you may like the GG. happy growing :rofl:

1 Like

Yup, at least wait until when you bend them over, they go beyond the pot. Here’s what I did last time and worked great. cut holes in the fabric pots, bamboo poles and plant clips with plant tie wire.

And here’s what they ended up looking like after bending 4 main colas

And start of bloom ( I just kept tying down anything that grew above the canopy to keep it even and kept the undergrowth up high for air flow since it was so crowded in my tent:

This is my 4 X 4 and that’s only 2 plants@

12 Likes

@Caligurl thank you. I’ve never seen the bamboo idea that’s really neat. And thanks for the tips

2 Likes

these look great. How long did you veg them?

1 Like

@Jackie_Daytona they are autoflower. It’s only been 18 days since they sprout

2 Likes

@Caligurl and your plants looks beautiful btw!!

1 Like

wow thats incredible!

2 Likes

Extremely impressive. How long into flower did you keep training?

2 Likes

I agree with @Caligurl you definitely want some risers under them pots you can use cookie racks or make something or they sell the risers online at local grow shops number of throng you can use just don’t want them sitting in that base their

1 Like

Definitely too early I usually start when I have five nodes or so

2 Likes

Hi all I’m on my first grow too, I like the idea of the bamboo I might give this ago on next one, looks like it makes it easier for the longer arms instead of bending then around the pot :joy:I like it :+1:

@Four20 your of to a good start buddy :+1:

4 Likes

@Jackie_Daytona I brought the clones home on 6/8 and flipped them on 7/28 so almost 60 days! Then harvested on 10/8.

@Bongtoker you have a nice first grow there! The bamboo makes it easy to move them , at least until I yo-yo’d them up.

3 Likes

Thank you! It’s almost like a Zen meditation caring for them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pretty much the entire time! Just as the stems get strong, it’s very slight movements just to keep adsmany of the colas in the light that I could. That’s the joy of yo-yo’s

3 Likes

Hmm. Sometimes I scare myself. I have only thought of the yo-yo as a support system not a lst system. Right now I tie my girls down and keep them there trough the end. I’ll have to look into using a yo-yo.

1 Like

@shady424 @Caligurl. Thanks for bringing the risers up again. I meant to ask. I haven’t been watering enough for run off since I’m using Detroit nutrients co organic soil and not using any nutes just relying on the soil. I have some general hydroponics maxi bloom in case. What I’ve gathered using organic soil is you don’t want run off and if there is a bit you should let it wick back into the soil. Is this correct?

1 Like

@shady424 @merlin44 @Caligurl @Bubblehead
Just got home and the GSC looks like this? I have my light at 80% too much?

3 Likes

How high is the light hanging cause Wifey’s lip Betty was just doing the same thing lowered the light she’s bouncing right back they just look like they’re stretching for the light

1 Like

They’re at 24” at 80%it’s a sf2000. According to them 18”-24” during veg 60-90% light intensity. The GG isn’t doing it as much.

4 Likes