New grower giving updates

Just wanted to share my first grow with anyone who is an over thinker like me lol
Autoflower GSC and gorilla glue
Set up
Tent:spider farmer 2x4
Light: spider farmer sf2000
Fabric 3 gal pots. 2/3 bottom is filled with Detroit’s nutrient co water only top 1/3 is filled with happy frog potting soil
I germinated the seeds in a shot glass for 24 hours and then paper towel method another 24. I planted the seeds on day 3 and it is now day 5 and they both have sprouted! I’m so stoked they sprouted and can’t wait to see the rest. Any input greatly appreciated

8 Likes

Welcome to our community. Here you will find growers willing to share what they have learned thru there grows. Ask questions, we all have been there and most of us are still learning. happy growing :bat: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Welome!! If you hav any questions, please tag me!

1 Like

Welcome!!! I just started my first grow too. Green Poison auto. I started with a Critical Purple Kush seed too, but it turned out to be a male plant. This is my girl which sprouted on 11/25…its so exciting to watch their progress. There are some amazing knowledgeable people here…heed their advice and warnings…it will definitely save you head and heart aches. Best of luck!!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the site. Looks like your off to a good start. Water less than you think you need and make a circle around plant. Make the roots look for water.

Pet peeve of mine. Why did you not fill your pots with soil? You turned your 5-gallon pots into 2.5 gallon pots. Plus I can see in the picture you still have soil in bag. Bigger root system, bigger plant and usually healthier. Just my $0.02.

3 Likes

Set to watch I want to grow those one day haha

1 Like

Hey thanks for the input. This is how they’re looking now on day 5. Would it benefit me at this point to put more top soil or just keep them going how I have them and next grow fill them up better.

2 Likes

It looks like your plants are stretching a little they are looking for more light.

As far as the soil level you can ad an inch or two but your kind of stuck at this point. The stem you cover will grow roots.

2 Likes

Sounds good. I have the light dimmed at 40%. I’ll bump it up thank you

2 Likes

Or should I lower the light it’s at 30” right now

2 Likes

Day8

7 Likes

You are cooking now, it looks great.

2 Likes

Day 14. Going to water tonight. They look healthy so far I think. Any input @Caligurl. @Bubblehead. @Razor557. Thank you @merlin44

8 Likes

Looking good you got this

1 Like

They look happy! Congrats! The only advice I would give just looking at the pics is to get those pots off the bottom of the tray. You can use an old cookie rack or something like that. That will keep the runoff from being wicked back into the soil.

2 Likes

Looking good and healthy!

2 Likes

Day 18 from sprout. They have taken off in these last few days. I watered 2 cups around plant in each pot day 17. I want to LST these and would like as much advice as possible. I will be using just a binder clip and pipe cleaner. I think it’s too early now but I’d love any tips. Thank you! @AIRWRECK @merlin44 @shady424 @thecount13 @Bubblehead @Caligurl

8 Likes

Still too early to start training in my opinion.

2 Likes

Gorilla glue

GSC

7 Likes

Definitely I thought so too. Just looking for any guidance lol. You are quick I couldn’t even post the next pics lol

2 Likes