New Grower for Wife's Fibromyalgia

I am beginning to grow my first plants and I am so impressed with the support of everyone on the forums! Thank you ahead of time for your support. I am growing to support my wife’s health, She has Fibro and with that comes CFS ( Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ) , depression and anxiety to name a few conditions she is battling. We discovered Cannabis is a major help and I have been making edibles for her to try. I welcome all help and pointers that you can share for successful grows. Here are the first pictures to share! Blueberry and Amnesia Haze! How are we looking?

10 Likes

Welcome to the community. Looks good. Ask questions about any issues you may have. This place is full of growers waiting to help in any way. good luck and happy growing :rofl: :bat:

2 Likes

Hey @AFVET , welcome to the forum.
I am growing for Exactly the same reason. Wife with fibro and chronic pain.
So far Northern Lights helps her sleep the best. If you can help her sleep well, not just nap. she will feel much better. Not cured, so far nothing cures fibro. I know what you are dealing with and if you have questions anytime just ask. You can tag people by adding the @ symbol just ahead of their name.
Like this… @Spiney_norman

7 Likes

Welcome to the community we’re glad to have you.

2 Likes

@AFVET welcome! Those are some happy looking Sprouts! Don’t be afraid to give them a little more light - the first photo is a wee bit stretchy. I say this as a brand new grower myself - @Underthestairs very kindly reminded me in my “dear god please help me not kill these babies” post (not actually so titled) that plants need light. Seems obvious but if you’re at all like me, then the fear is too much light too soon will toast them. Idk what you’re growing with, but I’d bump the power up a notch or get the light a little closer.

A lot of us here grow to help others’ pain management - my mother in law battles neuropathy, and Gelato seems to help her afternoons be better without flooring her.

7 Likes

A little too much stretch. Need to lower your light.
You can add some soil and cover the stem mostly. Leave about 1/2 inch above ground. It will simply root from the buried part.

8 Likes

Thank you all! I will make the changes that you have recommended and @Spiney_norman thank you!, It is comforting to know that we are all walking side by side and sharing our journey’s to help find a natural pain reliever for our spouses. Mimosa is the daytime strain of choice right now, she also loved green crack but it is hard to find at the moment and I cannot find any autoflower seeds online to grow. I am starting to grow northern lights, that worked well for sleep also, right now she is using berry punch for sleep.

4 Likes

I will put gelato on the list! Thank you!

1 Like

I switched to photo period plants last year and found them much easier to grow.
Providing 12 hrs of darkness is not really that hard. Its in a room that is not completly light tight and I leave the tent unzipped all the time. Of course I dont turn on the room lights during dark time. Point is its not like you have to have absolute 100% darkness.

3 Likes

Good to know! Why do they say that causes fox tailing?

Welcome, here’s to good luck on your first grow👍 I only grow outside, but I do start my seedlings inside. That being said, from the first set of leafs I have a fan on them. Not blowing them over, just enough to make the stems wiggle a little. My .02

1 Like

@AFVET Welcome to the community

To much light intensity will foxtail a plant.
Outside the light gets less intense and hours get shorter as winter gets closer. Inside we switch to 12/12 but rarely dim the lights. So some plants will continue to produce new flowers and those form the foxtails. I dont mind some minor foxtailing. When I see it I raise up the lights.

4 Likes

Welcome !!! I grow my own meds love the A. Haze for sleep .have fun with your grow don’t get stressed or overwhelmed !!your in the best place for first hand knowledge and support​:+1::seedling::grin:!!!

3 Likes

Welcome great thing your doing for your wife looks like your off to a good start here’s a support ticket fill this out and it will be easier to help with any future problems
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

3 Likes

Welcome. Sounds like u need to have a look @AfgVet @blackthumbbetty they do edibles and extractions and i know they do it well. Do u nake rso or just like cookies edibles and gummys

2 Likes

Thank you!

I make her cookies, no bake is her favorite and chocolate chip. I would love any other ideas for edibles and recipes that @AfgVet and @blackthumbbetty would share!

3 Likes

Here’s a good place to start.

7 Likes

This is a week later after making adjustments and the plants have gone downward, I lowered my light and added soil as recommended, I think this maybe be due to the beginners curse of overwatering? What do you all think?

2 Likes