New Grower first rookie mistake

Ok so I started my grow in a 4x4, 5 auto’s and I decided to run the LED’s 24/7… Now I am 2+ weeks in and I really wish I would of went at least 20/4… I do not want to stress them… Any advice on maybe cutting those lights at this stage?

2 Likes

Yea just lower it to 20/4 with a digital timer and if you have a half decent phone use the photone app and get them on a 20 DLI schedule

2 Likes

Alot of folks run them 24/0 for 3 to 4 weeks then switch to 20/4 so no worries if you run them another week or so…

2 Likes

With that big ol’ light you probably won’t need to run it more than 18/6. I recently dropped my veg timing to 14/10.

3 Likes

i’m currently running 24/0. My plants are growing fine other than some issues that i am trying to figure out. Thought it was light burn but found out my PH was at 8! just did a bottom watering (trying to stop gnats) of 6.5 PH water and waiting to see how she does after that.

Could it be light burn? maybe but plenty of other growers do 24/0 with no issue. Def look into what your DLI is and go from there.

If you want to take a look

2 Likes

No it’s not light burn just a light calcium deficiency due to your soil not yet at the right ph

2 Likes

thought it could of been a mag deficiency. a lot of these look similar and i can’t tell lol. Def has to do with the PH though. hope to see this resolved soon!

1 Like

Calcium effects leaf fringes magnesium tend to be uneven spots mid leaf they need to be balanced along with potassium for healthy growth though

1 Like

Lower them any time you want. Autos do not care one bit.

2 Likes

When you say Ph was 8, do you mean the soil ph?
If so how are you testing it to get the reading?

Hey thanks, and yes I will be using Photone

No, i am using tap water and it was a PH of 8. I have not tested soil PH. COM website says the soil should be around 6.5 though

1 Like

Ok cool I see :+1:

1 Like

Hey thanks for all the great advice! Awesome spot for the Cannabis lifestyle!

2 Likes

i’m probably having multiple deficiencies lol, hope that 6.5 watering helps

2 Likes

It definitely should help I would think.
I can’t help but think that water from top as to sorta saturate it quickly with a proper ph would maybe work faster, but i honesty don’t know.
I could have been help with testing the soil :grin:
But I’m not the best at leaf diagnosing :man_facepalming:

1 Like

i’m avoiding watering from the top at the moment because of gnats. Most likely will do the next watering from the top though once i see the gnats are gone

1 Like

If they was bigger you could put fans directly on your soil and make impossible for them to fly near the pot. But can’t really do that at this stage.
I hate pest my freind I feel for you.

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind for next time though!

1 Like

Can always do a top dress of diatomaceous earth and that works on the gnats and their larva.

1 Like