New grower experiencing possible foxtailing in late flower

Can somone please let me know if this is foxtailing and what i can do i already raised hps ligjt

I don’t see any foxtails lol.

2 Likes

Im no good with computers @dbrn32 but i figured it out again lol

lighting sucks but i think they have white hairs on the top parts also @dbrn32 i will see for sure tmrw when i take them out of flower room

1 Like

No worries. Looks like a few foxtails there now that the pictures are up.

1 Like

I raised hps up from 20 to 24 in. and turned up fan and cooling. About ready for harvest in a week or so What should I do?

1 Like

Not much you can do. I know I’ve seen on forum that there’s foxtailing that isn’t detrimental and foxtailing that is. Not experienced enough to tell you the difference.

2 Likes

That foxtailing is not to bad I have seen worse. Don`t worry what you got there will not effect your end product.

3 Likes

Nothing you can do at this point.

1 Like

By the way i figured out how to use my jewelers loop so my next question is how do i know when she is done? Do i check trichs on the older not foxtailing parts or can i check foxtails also. And can somone please tell me how to prevent this from happening again? @darkillusion3526 @Bulldognuts @dbrn32

I would disregard foxtails

Can i still smoke them @dbrn32

2 Likes

Yes ! dry cure and smoke.

3 Likes

My sour d has some foxtailing.
They’re just a pita to trim is all.

They’ll still smoke just fine. :wink::+1::wink:

3 Likes

When you look at the trichs under the loop if they are cloudy/milky with some amber they are ready. Look at different areas of your plant and your looking at the trichs on the buds themselfs not the sugar leafs around it because they will ripen faster then the trichs on the buds. Now as far as how to prevent this from happening again, the two most common reasons that happens is either the tent is to warm and its stressing the plants or the light is to close again cause it to stress out.

Ive done both too high temps and let the plant grow within 20 in of light with no cover or cooler. The light height i can control but somtimes not so much with the heat.I have one ac unit blowing into my intake and one to cool the room that the closet is in that im using for flowering and temps can still get high on hot days. Hard to keep temps below 29 celcius in a heatwave and theres another week long one comin this week starting today. Also i think i noticed the heads of trichs change before the stem. Should i be waiting for whole thing to cloud over @darkillusion3526?

Yes you want them to be nice and cloudy all the way.

@darkillusion3526 @Oldguy How do i check my plants that are foxtailing for being ready for harvest. Seems like some of the hairs are light in colour even white. Will there be areas have clear trichs That had cloudy trichs brfor foxtailing?

1 Like

@Chu666cky. The foxtailing trics will be clearer than the rest that have been there longer.
A happy medium is the goal.
Maybe a current lights off pic if you can.