New Grower DIY RDWC

Greets everyone, im new to the forum. Started growing and am on #3 definetly been an adventure. Wanted to share my concoction with the group here. 110 gallon RDWC, with 2000 gph recirculation, 1000 gph chiller line on a 1/2 hp chiller, and 1000 gph running through a 400 gallon aquarium canister filter without UV or carbon of course. Its insulated with reflective insulation 2 layers and i have 6 13 gallon stations connected with 3 inch drain pipe. Grow 6 plants about 6 feet tall and 4 feet wide indoors with 500 watt spider farmer leds. No flowers on this exact system as this is iteration 3 and the final improvement for a while.

20 Likes

Wow. what a set up. Good luck and welcome to your new happy place :blush:

2 Likes

Love how they each have their own light. :metal: :metal:

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the community! :clap:t2:

Awesome setup brother. I also run a small rdwc system and wouldn’t grow any other way. It’s been a blast. There are several here that run some form of water hydro.

Keep us posted!

Wishing you all the best! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Graysin @KnUcKLzBcHuBBy @Knowledgegrab28 @NUG61 @Joshmcginnis28 @TLC @CooterJuice @peachfuzz

Here’s another hydro grow. :v::sunglasses:

8 Likes

I’ll be tagging along! :v:

2 Likes

Nice looking setup!! Ill tag along! @HappyHydroGrower thanks for the tag!!

1 Like

Good looking setup!! Welcome to Stoner School! Appreciate the tag @HappyHydroGrower. Looking forward to following your grow @Jarlax. :sunglasses::nerd_face::+1:t3::love_you_gesture:t3::v:t3:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag I’m watching for sure :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome, and WOW!!!
Beautiful setup.

2 Likes

I’ll tag along . Set to watching

1 Like

Nice setup and great sets of eyes watching :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::metal:

1 Like

Thanks guys! With the filtration, and using sone aquarium bacteria, Dr. Tims Aquatics Waste away, and some Barley straw extract the entire thing stays spotless clean. The volume is so high i can veg on 1 tank. Here is week 2 of veg, these may go 5 or 6 weeks until i can get them to size. Few more pics. This run is Gorilla Glue, Blue Dream, Gelato Runtz, Bruce Banner and Girl Scout Cookies.

3 Likes

Airstones after 4 weeks no cleaning

6 Likes

All clean, healthy and happy :muscle::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Looking good brother! Keep ‘em growing! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

@Low heres another hydro if you care to check it out?? :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Very nice set up…welcome to the community :sunglasses::v::heart:

1 Like

May be new to this forum but obviously not to hydro growing. Impressive for sure. Great addition to the forum and thanks for sharing.
I hope you keep posting. I would love to see that space filled up.

4 Likes

Actually, ive only been doing this for a year. It was a dream when i was a kid to have my own hydro farm. This is the third grow, the first one i built a room inside this one with panda film, and grew 8 plants with 6 lights in 4 gallon pots and 4 gallon res. Tons of challenges, like airstones getting mucky, realized later i fed them about 1/3 food, cal mag deficiencies, you name it got 6 pounds accidentally. Second go round rebuilt it for 6 plants in 4 gallon pots with 35 gallon res fed them the right amount of food thought i had it, total disaster, the increase in ppms made everything else grow and i had brown shit bad, got a chiller doctored back to health, by the end i learned a ton more stuff, with the food right the roots overcame the buckets, preventing good flow and brown shit again. I ended up getting 1 pound from 3 plants that lived. Thus is when i learned why you start over. Now i have pretty much solved all challenges and its boring minus the glory that will be a wall of green. The ph has been at 5.9 for the last 14 days or so without touching it, got ppms up to 1190 with top up solution and it still doesnt go up when the water level drops. Loveing it right now.

4 Likes