• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: N/A
  • Indoor
  • Light system: 600W Bestva LED
  • Temps; 73 daytime- 68 at night
  • Humidity; 55%
  • Ventilation system; Fan
  • Humidifier
  • Co2; Not sure what that means

This is my first week. 3 seeds germinated, the other 2 are stored in fridge.
All 3 germinated and sprouted. 1 seems to be a ‘twin’
Here are pics of setup:
Plants are shown 2 days after sprouting

1 Like

Welcome @FirstTimer1 to the forum.
Pics in natural light are better for us to see whats happening. Sometimes you can simply use the camera flash to get better pics.
You need to get yourself pH and PPM meters. Especially a pH meter/pen.

2 Likes

Looks like you’re off to a good start! May need to invest in a more powerful light for flowering.
Welcome to the community and I’ll be following along, happy growing! :seedling:

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks! I really appreciate your input!

Bounce your heater off the wall or something other than your plants. If thats a ultrasonic humidifier use distilled or RO water cuz of the white powder that will form if using tap water. An like @Covertgrower said you’ll need better lighting soon. Welcome to the forum! Wouldn’t hurt if you put domes on the seedlings till they have their first set of true leaves. An like @Spiney_norman said PH & PPM meters are nessesary too.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I thought this light would be okay. Should I lower it? Right now it is 3.5 feet away. There is a higher setting for flowering. Should I put both on? I thought this light would do the job.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t know enough about your light to advise you on it, I’ve always done old school (after it has true leaves) where you put your hand at the top of the plant & if it’s not too warm your o.k… If your plants seem to be getting too tall & lanky lower your light & too short raise it. when you start to get more leaves & branch’s you’ll really notice how you can adjust the spacing between nodes by raising & lowering your light. Experiment with it & you’ll find what you & your plant like.

6 Likes

That little girl in the 3rd picture will probably give you a run for your money. I just finished a little mutant last month. She had 3 main colas naturally

I believe you should take advantage of the return eligibility and get a better light. I tried one of those myself when I first looked at led lighting . . .for about an hour before I rehung the HID and boxed it up. I quickly learned that contrary to advertising that 600w in the led world didn’t necessarily correspond to HID equivalency or light wattage.

Separate your twins if you can. They are 2 separate plants and will not do well if you leave them together.

Not sure what to do with ‘the twins’. Any ideas?

1 Like

Should I just cut off the smaller deformed twin with a scissors at ground level?

1 Like

Are the twins from a single seed or were a couple seeds planted together? Mine was from a single seed. I chose to let it grow and see what it would do. I have heard about people planting multiple seeds and pulling or cutting the stragglers only to leave the strong ones. I unfortunately have not cut or pulled any. Possibly if you could separate the root systems you could have 2 plants on your hands.

Im gonna have to keep the light for now because the seedlings are 1 week old, and money is tight, and the exchange time if I had the money would leave my plants without light for too long…so, Im gonna keep the Bestva LED for this grow and document the progress using them.

two plants germinated from one seed. One ‘seedling’ is significantly smaller/weaker/deformed…the other one is normal shaped, still smaller overall than my other two girls same age…but healthier looking than the twin. Im leaning towards taking a small scissors and just cutting the small weak deformed one off. Im assuming that if i do so that will kill it…and not just have it sprout roots and compete with the other for nutrients. I guess this is a ‘dumb’ question, but, does anyone know if cutting it off will definitely kill it? I think that is my preference. Space is limited, it looks very weak, small and deformed, and with my lighting system, and this my first grow, space is at a premium.

1 Like

I believe that you are on the right track

Here are 2 pics of my mutant. It was a little different because it grew 3 main stems. I can say that it didn’t produce as much as the other 4.

1 Like