New grower, any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks @anon89489555! I was thinking it was genetics, glad to know I didn’t mess up👍

1 Like

Right on! @Sayyes2MI I am in AZ, we just passed the law a little over a month ago. I couldn’t wait to get going :grin:

1 Like

Do you think they are ready for 3 gallon pots? @anon89489555

You could put them in their final container if you wanted to. Fabric pots are amazing my 5 gallons cost me like 25.00 cdn. But they keep root bound issues away, excellent aeration of roots and air pruning to avoid root bound issues.

1 Like

Its getting close to a good time to transplant but no rush. Theyll be fine another week or 2. Thing is their roots will start to wrap the base and itll slow them a bit. Top girl just looks a lil wonky. Dont kill her. She may smoke like a champ

2 Likes

@anon89489555 I have a 12 pack of 3 gallon fabric pots I was planning on using. Do you think they are too small?

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 I was planning on transplanting around the 3-4 week mark depending on growth. Looks like I am on track :+1: The top one definitely is strange, but I will ride it out and see what happens

How long u plan on the total veg? Whats the grow space again?

8x4. Sorry i get lazy :joy:

And I stand corrected. 16 days in? Yea they’d like a transplant sometime this week

2 Likes

@PurpNGold74 I am not sure on how long I will veg? I have a 8X4 tent that is 6 1/2 feet tall. I want to grow them big, but not so big that they grow into the lights.

Play it by ear then my man. Good news is you have plenty of room.

1 Like

Yea ppl growing trees in solo cups these days

2 Likes

I have my autos in 3 gallons and their almosy done. I feel I got more bud in the 5 gallon pails but then you see what Hellraiser does in a solo cup. 3 should be fine. Autos should go in their final container to avoid transplant shock.

1 Like

Personally the only reason I use a cup in the beginning is because for some reason if you have 6-8 seedlings 1-2 will stretch or come out crooked and it’s just easier to fix em if you have to transplant em. If you transplant em as soon as they start growing don’t wait until roots are all twisted they’ll barely notice that you transplanted em. What I mean by start growing is when they first pop they’ll get a couple leaves and stop for 5-10 days until the roots are happy then they’ll start growing that’s when I do it, I don’t wait for the leaves to grow bigger than the cup or any of what is normally said to do

3 Likes

I will be transplanting this weekend. Today I noticed some yellowing on the first set of true leaves on a few of them. Any idea what could be causing it? @fano_man @anon89489555 @MeEasy @PurpNGold74 @Sayyes2MI @Myfriendis410

3 Likes

Rapid growth can make plants look yellow, they will darken up. Just keep an eye on it to see if it gets worse. But IMHO they look fine.

3 Likes

Thanks @anon89489555 It is only happening to the 3 Gorilla Glue’s. I will definitely be keeping an eye on them :+1:

@Growfire I see alot of perlite in the little pots they could be getting hungry and or root bound

I’m not much help when it comes to growing in Coco. This is my first time growing with that. Used to using soil. But I had issues like that before. Mine were starting to get root bound and started doing that. My big mistake was not reading up on Coco and preparing it. Lack of cal-mag or nitrogen in it could be the start. I see your getting ready to transplant. That might be all they need. They look good still otherwise.

1 Like

U letting your pots dry?
Looks pretty damp just dribble water dont drench at this stage u in fox farm ocean forest? Might be a lil n tox I see slight claw and tips kinda turning as a lil nute burn

@fano_man I am growing in a 70/30 Coco-perlite mix. I have been watering about every other day. I may have over fed them a bit with nutes, but I have since adopted a feed/water/feed/water schedule…

1 Like