New grower and first grow journal

But, of course I uploaded wrong picture. Here we go again

3 Likes

My guess is hungry, but I am super new, so dont hold me to it.

Lol, so one got just a little bit of nutes yesterday and the others water. But from everything I read from the wizards here, they should be fine for quite a while with the soil I am using. I wonder if the fact they are in the pea pots, and maybe the roots have not yet broken out into the ocean forest soil yet

1 Like

So, I’m late to the game…

Wow! What an amazing greenhouse. Killer space man. You got it done correct!

3 Likes

Looks like @Shatter called it early. I had originally said you shouldn’t have to feed with the FF soil. If your meter is reading correctly you may need to feed. You also may correct about peat pots slowing root development.

Thanks, when they were seedlings still in the rooter plugs, and I probably kept them there a bit long, they started yellowing. I was told they needed food, which made sense. I fed them ILGM seedling fertilizer and they were good as new in a couple of days. They went in the pea pots after that, and I may have fertilized them one more time

2 Likes

@Shatter
prepared a three gallon grow bag for the sister to the one WW Auto already transplanted. It is coming along nicely now, so it is almost time. The bag has been ready for two days now. I have run water through the 50/50 mixture of FFHF and FFOF three times including this afternoon. The PH of water going in was 6.2, and 6.3 from the runoff. Not quite sure what it means. The PPM count going in was 385, and 180 coming out.

2 Likes

I would install a ventilation fan at the top on one side.

Ideally you would have a large exhaust fan at at the top and an intake vent or possibly fan on the opposite side at the bottom.

I have the one at the bottom and thinking one at the back door facing out to suck the hot air out might help. I do have the four automatic openers at the top. I will research exhaust fans in the next few days

Today I transplanted the last two WW Autos while they are still young, as one of my older two is trying to flower. they are all looking good, the regular White Widows are doing awesome. @Shatter informed me they get scared easily and go in flower, lol. I had given fertilizer to one of the White Widows that had been looking poorly a week or so ago , and it is looking great today. It will be the tall one in the first picture.

I went ahead and watered all thoroughly with ILGM Veg nutes. The WW Auto in preflower next. I just noticed I have been going on in another thread not related to the journal, my apologies. I added Plant Revolution PRPSO16 Orca Nutrient, 16 Ounce that was suggested in the other thread, again, my apologies. The water going in read 6.2 on the PH and about the same coming out. The PPM was 850 on the first gallon of water, down to 750 as recommended by the ILGM chart after that. I am trying to reconcile the readings on the EC60 Apera meter . It read 375-380 out briefly before switching to a PPT or PPS reading, sorry, meter not in front of me right now. I may need to call them and get my head straight , lol.

4 Likes

Yes, that is Desi, my guard dog looking after things.

And @BornHigh420 warned me about this Plant Revolution PRPSO16 Orca Nutrient, 16 Ounce, but do you know what 1MLL is? My droplet dispenser starts at 25 ML. I had a hard time with that

I use several different size beakers, my smallest is 10 ml. and the largest is 100 ml. and larger 500 ml. and 1,000 ml.
I got them on eEbay or Amazon (don’t remember) I prefer the tall skinny beakers for accuracy the stubby fat ones are hard to be exact without a level surface.

I need them to make my own pH and bloom solutions, as well a measuring the finished product for use.

I hope this Orca is as strong as @BornHigh420 indicated. Seems like I hardly used any. That bottle should last 100 years. I was thinking yesterday there has to be a better way to mix and measure a gallon of water for the plants. Those beakers sound interesting, but it would still take almost 4 of the 1000 size to make a gallon. How do you go about “watering” your plants?

2 Likes

I water my babies with a turkey baster. That is also how I measure out my nutes, and I have a small dropper with measurements for ph duty. I water large plants slowly with a 2 gallon garden sprayer.

I have a small dropper as well for PH duties, and just found this on amazon

But this 1ML stuff is brutal, lol.

2 Likes

Maybe you could figure out the weight of one mil by using a scale. Yeah, that is tiny

@BornHigh420 warned me to only use it once, and only once in their final pot. I am posting pics of the girls as of earlier today.

4 Likes

@jetlag My apologies for the delayed response. I water usually every two the three weeks with the Orca. It gives the fungi and bacteria time to live, do their job, and die, then reapply. That’s how I’ve found it works the best.