New grower and first grow journal

I’m with you on the confusion. It should be coming out at least as high as going in.:thinking:

1 Like

I was checking out pics of plants they look healthy.

1 Like

Tell me about it. I think you had a similar issue with the outgoing water PPM in a very high range. Did you stop fertilizing for a while? The plants are growing like a weed, and don’t seem to need anything.

1 Like

Thank You, keep an eye on them, don’t want them going south

1 Like

My ppm’s stayed high until I went to Flower. They started dropping fast once they started flowering.

1 Like

I guess I better keep an eye on the flowering auto then. Weather has been cool and rainy, so they are all doing well on water. I have learnt to let them get fairly dry before adding any. Maybe this auto will start asking for nutes soon.

2 Likes

Pics tonight under the Viparspectra lights. I may need a third one. Hard to see but in the back they are leaning towards the lights.

3 Likes

In the back you got issues Brother. I’m not the lighting expert. But I think @dbrn32 can help on that. It may not be lights But a couple of your girls in the back are asking for some help. Don’t sweat it. Some great folks here they will help out shortly :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Good eye!

I’m thinking at bare minimum you need something. just because it is physically lit up doesn’t mean it will have intensity required to grow good bud.

1 Like

@Dman1969
Thank you all, I agree, although warm weather is almost here and the photos will get all the light they can stand. I will go ahead and get another one for the Autos. Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Do you mean the tomatoes and pepper plants in the back?

3 Likes

Awe hell is that what that is!! I guess I don’t have a good eye. That being the case I’m sorry. All the girls up front look amazing to me. I was wondering why just a couple in the back looked so much different! I sit corrected @Skydiver nice work! I assumed that all the plants were cannabis. That’s what I get for assuming. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Yes I have tomato and pepper plants all over, lots of them out of the lights. Just running out of room waiting for warmer weather to plant them outside

1 Like

Lol, but still a small auto in back not getting lots of light but I can move around, and the small photo in the very back is getting light, perhaps not adequate but it is being supplemented by just over 12 hours of , and it has a way to go.daylight

1 Like

@Bulldognuts, @QueenCityB, @Dman1969, @CoyoteCody, @MidwestGuy. Gentlemen, since you all have turned me into a Geek with all these PH and PPM and other abstract measurements, I have downloaded a LUX app to the cellphone. It reads either in Lux or FC. I need instructions in what numbers to look for. I have the basics as far as putting it on the top of the canopies. A couple of the regular WW planta have grown from almost 24" below the lights to 15" this morning

2 Likes

Lux isn’t really too relevant. Your plant doesn’t see lux, it sees PPFD (Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density.)

2 Likes

The app can read in either Lux or Foot candles, which one and what numbers am I looking for?

1 Like

Seedlings: 300 PPFD
Veg: 600 PPFD
Flower: 800 PPFD

Direct sunlight is between 32,000 and 100,000 lux depending on where you are in the world, but PPFD is what you are really looking for.

1 Like

I believe HLG has a lux to ppfd conversion calculator, dont know how accurate it is, but I’m at 38,000-40,000 lux at the top of my canopy in week 6 of flower.

It’s for HLG lights. Jetlag is using a Viparspectra, which will have a different spectrum.

1 Like