New grow with GDP feminized seeds 1st photo type plants

I get it. I’m in Long Island and get strong rain and wind by the ocean. Wind isn’t a problem as I just tie up the kolas to bamboo stakes. The rain and humidity is the real struggle. There is always a fight against bud rot, especially if they don’t finish flowering by end of September/early October. I’ve never grown indoors except for starting seedlings, but I think you’ll need to make a decision soon if you only have 10 inches of room left. Once you pot up it will get bigger and fast.

1 Like

Durban poison in 10 gal pot from last year. I think those bamboos are 5ft

3 Likes

Beautiful!! How big did that get and how long to flower? Do you keep those outside or move in on colder crappy nights, just curious. I have a very large shed 12x24 I can move them into if I get worried about rain and such. Yet another option on my table to scramble my brain lol.

Started flowering in 2nd or 3rd week of august and I had to force it by brining it into my garage before sundown. Harvested mid-October and it wasn’t done yet but weather was turning. Durban is good for rot resistance but it took too long to flower.

It didn’t get much bigger than 5 ft. The plant was very root bound in a 10 gallon pot and I was having nutrient issues with it, both likely stunting its growth. Ended up transplanting to a 20 gallon in early flowering to help with some of the nutrient issues. I did bring it inside during a few bad storms.

You can definitely bring them inside if you can carry them.

Here’s another option to consider since you don’t have enough - leave the indoor plants indoors (top the big ones and flip the lights to 12 hours) and start a new one to experiment with outdoors :crazy_face:

1 Like

Well did some LST which was greatly needed and gained a couple feet in height so that’s good. Always amazed at how fast they make that 90dgr turn up to the light in only a couple hours. Flattened out the main colas and a few others, which it needed to open canopy up to light. Color all back to normal.
At 8 weeks so Autos should be ready in about two weeks to harvest give or take, and then GDP’s will have whole tent to spread out. @Naturalmedsman @TOUGH-TONY127

1 Like

They’re looking great! That feed made a huge difference on the photos.

Ok so finally got nice out in the 80’s so moved the GDP’s outside. They have been doing great and love the real sun, nights have been about 60dgrs so been leaving them out at night. Depending on weather will move as necessary.
Autos (Zkittles,Gelato,White Widow CBD) are perfect and FAT,and really sticky lol, looked at trichs and still fairly clear (9 weeks ) so guessing about 2 weeks left to harvest. @Naturalmedsman @TOUGH-TONY127

2 Likes

They’re all looking great. The GDP got big quick! I have my 2 seedlings out in the sun today for a few hours while the weather is nice.

1 Like

Beautiful great job!!

1 Like

So one of the Grand Daddy Purples is just about 6 feet other is close to that but more bushy than tall. Loving the outside, started to flower, had some rain and wind which made the taller one a bit top heavy and kept blowing over so had to move her into shed for a couple days but didn’t seem to bother it. Need to do some lower trimming, getting a bit thick on the bushy one. But so far so good!! @TOUGH-TONY127 @Naturalmedsman

2 Likes

They look beautiful I like the photos because they grow so big

1 Like

They’re looking great! A little early for a photo to be flowering. Mine don’t usually start until mid to late August.

So they are flowering nicely however a bit early , I think it’s due to pot size and couldn’t grow anymore (5gal pot) which is ok really. Big difference between the two plants, one nice and full bushy other kinda thin spindly. Both watered and nutrients equal amount and times. Next couple will be in 10gal pots. Autos, well autos are drying, however I waited way to long to harvest and they dried out quite a bit. Got very busy with work doing about 90hrs a week and just didn’t have the time. Very sad about that. Will get some decent buds but no where near what it should of been. May just start another few just out of frustration. Hope everyone’s grows are going good!! @Naturalmedsman @TOUGH-TONY127

3 Likes

Nice flowers on those plants! I’m surprised they flowered so early. Have you grown those seeds before? Almost seems like autos.

I work long hours too sometimes and harvesting is such a pain. Last season I just trimmed the nicest buds and the rest I dried and threw in the freezer so I could make bubble hash whenever I could find the time. Might do the same this year (assuming I get a halfway decent harvest) or make some canna butter for edibles instead of hash.

1 Like

Seeds were given to me said they were photo. I wondered the same but never had an auto get that big, just over 3 months now. Never made anything with trimmings before, maybe will give it a shot have pleanty of it.

1 Like

Looks nice

1 Like