New grow room Exhaust Setup

Hey so I’m setting up a new gro and the room I’m using is right next to my bathroom and I stay in a condo. So my plan was to use the already made 2inch bathroom fan port as the exhaust pipe from my grow room using two 4”x2 reducers, two 4” inch backdraft damper and a tri connector. Here’s a sketch for better reference. Think it will work or am I. All help appreciated

1 Like

Sounds good in theory. The dampers need to be good quality and limit the amount of bends, hose length etc as much as possible.
Also they can’t be both on at the same time!
This is key to remember or the 4" will likey just blow down into the bathroom, I tried two grow tents exhausting out one 4" vent with a Y connection, turns out it just blew air into the tent with a weaker fan or which ever was off.
I didn’t have dampers but I have one in my old roof vent and it’s trash, get a quality one that fits well.

2 Likes

Thanks that’s very reassuring I already have one damper but will probably buy this one for the bathroom fan which should need it the most.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JMVLCQO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_WTTX3R3B2RHY7TDM0ZE9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

No f-bombs please. Outside of what Nicky said, also keep in mind that reducer and filter in that circuit will have negative impact on how much air you’ll be able to move. Could cause some problems down the road.

3 Likes

Could increasing the carbon filter size help this ,if not any tips?

1 Like

It may. The static load of a filter isn’t solely determined by size of flange though. The actual size of filter, how much filter media is used, and how tightly It’s packed would all come into play. Some of the higher end filters will give you a static load rating, otherwise it’s kind of a crap shoot. I have 6x16 and 6x24 filters from same company, and there is a noticeable difference. I purchased the 6x16 because the 6x24 won’t fit into my tent.

What is above your bathroom? If its attic space and your plan doesn’t work, you could potentially remove the fan altogether and just vent the 4" duct into attic maybe?

1 Like

The fart fan is probably 3 inch

1 Like