New grow question

Check out Horticulture Lighting Group dot com and see what you think about price point for your size area and then get back with us. dbrn will be around but with the weather we are having in the mid US isn’t the best right now. Researching everything is good habit in this hobby of ours!

4 Likes

I would go with HLGS if you can afford them.They’re what @dbrn32 reccomends and what I use now.Depending on size of your space they have lots of options and great customer service. There are also DI Y models to save a little coin.You can order directly from them. Lights are the one thing you can’t go too cheap on.

5 Likes

The pHD of LED’s Dr @dbrn32 set me upon the right path. The path of righteous Light-hood.

I got the HLG 260w QB288 and HOLY SMOKES it’s the best thing that’s happened to me all year. Including ALL of last year too.

NEVER skimp out on lights. Buy NICE or buy TWICE. (someone wrote this in an LED post
I made a few month ago and it could not be more true )

5 Likes

Awesome!! Thanks Weedlover1!! Appreciate the time!!

1 Like

PhiilyRock thank you for the time much appreciated!!

If you order directly from Hlg “dude” saves you 10%.

Kits will save you money as well, you just have to assemble the lights and hook up the wires. They have videos you can follow and printed instructions.

3 Likes

Looks very healthy.

To make them tighter and bushier, you’ll want to look at your light’s power & its height from the canopy. When your plant has to reach for the light, it gets a bit stretched out.

Also, ScrOG, super-cropping, and even some basic Low Stress Training can really help turn your trees into bushes.

2 Likes

Found this on Amazon. Been using it alongside an HLG 320xl. Tbh, my plants love it as much as the HLG. After 6 grows, I can recommend this “China” light.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WBZDBXR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Edit: it appears to no longer be available.

2 Likes

Thank you blackthumbbetty! Really appreciate the help. Every bit helps as I’m a new grower. I’ve been looking on Amazon their are so many different style lights. Do you know anything about Mars or spider farmer? They have such good reviews but I know you can’t always go off those.

1 Like

I don’t. Sorry.

I have a couple Spider 2000 and 2 Mars 600 that I use as supplemental lights.The Spider 2000 runs side by side with my HLGS and there’s not much difference. HLG customer service is better guaranteed for longer.

Check out kingbrite on alibaba. Can’t link you anything over there as it’s not allowed. I have an hlg and a knockoff. Both are great but kingbrite probably has best value I’ve seen on high end lights.

Hey PhillyRock!! Is this what you have? If it is you think I can get by with growing 2 plants in my 4x4 tent with just 1 of these?

Can I use this for veg and flower?

1 Like

HLG have LEDs for every need. You should see what they have for a 4x4 tent.

The light you linked is the one I bought.
It will easily do 3 -4 plants in a 3x3 and that’s not turned all the waxy up.

2 Likes

You would need two of those in a 4x4 to get dense nugs, one may veg it OK but definitely 2 for flower! I have built 6 all with HLG components and I love them!

2 Likes

Like the others said, two 260 kits pretty solid in a 4x4. Knock off type lights should offer similar performance, just do your diligence if going that route. Some of the vendors are a lot better than others.

2 Likes

Thanks dbrn32!! Much appreciated!!

1 Like

Just a shout out to everyone on here that helped out. My plants are doing awesome after some LST and HST and some new lights. Almost ready to harvest. Thanks guys!!

Such a difference from the first pictures I took for you guys. It’s a jungle in their now!! LOL

3 Likes

They are looking great!

That first picture clearly shows they are starting to finish with those brown pistils showing, but they won’t be ready until they all turn brown. About two more weeks. Then you need to inspect trichomes to be sure.

1 Like

i cant see it