New grow question

Hey guys!!! My new grow 2 green crack in 5 gallon. I’ve grown sour diesel and green crack now. Both so far we’re not real bushy but tall and spread out. Is this the strain or something I might be doing. They have all been really healthy plants with decent harvests but looking for bigger harvests . Fox farms ocean soil with happy frog. Using recharge,fish shit,hydroponics,great white,& cal mag. Here are the 2 green crack photo seed. I’m about 8 weeks into grow wondering too if I should turn them to bloom. It almost looks like they’re in flower but haven’t changed the lights yet still at 18/6

4 Likes

You have large Node spacing, probably light related, some type of training would help also! Have you read up on any LST methods!

7 Likes

How do I post a new question? I can only figure out how to respond to posts already there

1 Like

If you hang around looking for a few hours it seems that the new topic button magically appears.

1 Like

If you post your question here once back on and tag me: @Myfriendis410

I’ll set up a thread for you.

2 Likes

Upper right of the screen. Do you have 3 bars next to your avatar?
If you do, click on the bars, then on new. This takes you to new postings. upper right of this new posting page is
+New Topic click on it - should be good to go. Providing you have access that is. I don’t know how that works

1 Like

Like Holmes said, you need to check your lighting and try LST/ low stress training.
You have to start from the beginning. If your light is too far they will stretch and then the nodes will be spaced too far apart.
I’ve been in the same situation and was able to still get a great harvest by using techniques that’ll make most growers run for the hills while hysterically screaming “Omg, they’re going to hermie!”
I have a few grows under my belt and have had the luxury of growing for myself and not for profit so I’ve been able to experiment and dispel alot of the myths that growers hold onto.
The simplest way to fix your grow is to bend the top node that’s been topped to a 90 degree angle so it lays across and even with the side branches. The side branches will grow to keep up and then you can create an even canopy.
Cannabis is an apical plant which means that the growing energy goes to the tallest point that gets the most energy/light. Make an even canopy and you will get evenly grown buds (mostly).
Look up LST. Good luck.

6 Likes

Thank you for the response Holmes. Much appreciated. Is it too late to LST? I think I’m almost in flower. Is their probably just not enough light hitting the entire plant? I have 3-1000 watt lights in the tent all led.

3 Likes

You have plenty of light and it’s not too late to LST. I’ve even bent more than one plant completely sideways. Have at it but be careful not to break the branches.

3 Likes

SatoshiSrax thank you for the response. Can I ask you a question? Do I bend and tie all the branches down or just the taller ones? Do I keep them bent and tied all the way through flower? I’ve never done this before and will try with 1 of my plants I think.

2 Likes

You want an even canopy and I think the easiest way you’ll get it is by bending the top node and tying it down. Be careful and massage the bend point, let the weight of the top help bend it over. It’s ok if you hear a popping/ break sound as long as the exterior of the branch doesn’t break.
Tying it down is fine. Check “How to low stress train”
a YT video by Cannabis Lifestyle TV. Three minutes of good info.

2 Likes

Thank you!! Great explanation

1 Like

Do you have pics of light labels, because I do not think they can be 1000w lights! I am using 2400w in an 8x10 room! Yes you can still LST, I supercrop when I switch to 12/12 and have good success, if you do break the outer “skin” cover it with Aloe or raw honey and you can bandage with E tape! You may even have to support it with a “splint”!
@SatoshiStax welcome to ILGM forum, @Mrgyro7 you can tag someone like I did you two to get their attention, it will be highlighted in preview pane!

3 Likes

Thanks Holmes for the advice! Here are my lights. I have 2 of the round ones and 2 of the rectangle ones but only using 2 round and 1 rectangle light. I have a 4x4x8 tent. The rectangle lights were killing my electric bill so I tried to switch to these round lights from super brightness.com

Like everybody said LST!! Keep up the good work

2 Likes

We’ll say the round lights are 32watts apiece, and the Yehsence lights draw 180 watts from the wal(according to Amazon) now subtract fan power and heat loss and you might be getting 150 watts from each, so that is 364 watts using all 4 divided by 16sqft.=22.75 w a sqft.! If you had top notch LED that would be OK for veg! For your tent 500w of good LED would give you 31.25 watts sqft. and would do you great in veg. and get you through flower which they need more light to produce the type of smoke we all want! Now don’t go out and buy a “500 watt” light anywhere yet, we want you to get what you need to do this properly. So if you decide on something tag some people and we will help!

3 Likes

@dbrn32 would have advice on the lights Definitely not enough light to get great yields.

4 Likes

Thx Holmes!! So my lights aren’t that great it seems like. I’ve actually been looking at new lights but no clue what to buy! I was looking at the hps and mh light setup or flourescent long lights but honestly don’t know much about those and don’t know if they’re any better than these leds.

2 Likes

Thanks Weedlover!! So I need better lights for sure!! Any suggestions?? I’d appreciate any feedback!!

@dbrn32 any suggestions on lights for my 4x4x8 tent and my problems I’m having?? I’d appreciate any suggestions!! Holmes and SatoshiStax have been really helpful too.

3 Likes