New grow project let's see how well they do indoor/outdoor

No. You have a little while yet

1 Like

okay thanks. surely it won’t take more than 2 weeks right? since I took one cola off I’m guessing now it will focus more on other buds what I’m hoping. this is the only one looking like this but for say the wedding cake in 30 gal is the biggest one with big buds stacking but those have nothing but white pistils. I do know that the wedding cake is still swelling.

Probably a little late to gain much from taking a bud. Couple weeks could be good.

1 Like

okay that’s fine with me the 30 gal wedding cake has no sign of red pistils yet all white surely that one is gonna get more fatter since it has so much soil to benefit from right? I wish I knew the grow times on outdoor plants those buds are growing so slow. that runtz muffin is gonna get bigger than what it is now right?

They should

1 Like

@dbrn32 question… this one plant in tents which is runtz muffin in 30 gal pot. does this look like it’s not swelling up anymore? reason for asking is that I don’t think it is growing anymore the hairs on it are majority red last time I checked trichs on it they were milky/cloudy no clear.

it looks kinda small compared to the others that are still growing in weight.

@Covertgrower

1 Like

You could gain some weight from the last remaining pistils to turn brown/orange, but as long as the trichomes are right color, you could chop any time. (Which you mentioned)
I’m good with milky/white trichomes, I don’t like much amber.

2 Likes

about how much longer if I do leave them longer an will they gain a little more weight or bigger than what they are? I was planning on chopping tops off and letting the bottom ones mature hoping those lower bud sites will gain more weight. the way plant itself looks like now it only looks like I’ll end up getting less than 80 grams of bud itself not trim @Covertgrower

1 Like

I would have to watch it over time to be able to say if I thought it was done swelling. Pistils look good enough to check trichs. If trichs are to your liking you can plan on harvesting.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower trichs are to my liking but the ones with not majority red pistils that are receding I would be able to chop the ready ones an let the others mature more is that a good option? or just chop whole plant down

This is a personal preference. If most of the plant is ready then I chop the whole thing. Depends if it’s taking space for another plant to go in also.

2 Likes

Whatever works best for your situation.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower I’ll do that instead I chopped majority down the bottom popcorn buds that have a good bit of white hairs I’ll just throw it in with the regular size buds to smoke I’ve realized those popcorn buds what size still pack a punch lol I have 6 more plants in there including the giant wedding cake there all still swelling everyday. Thing is with runtz muffin that I realize is that those are more quality than quantity but the wedding cakes though more quantity I thought the runtz muffin was gonna out perform wedding cake but I was 150 percent dead wrong that they are gonna be the big yielders. even chopping that 1 30 gal plant down it does lnt even look like it put a dent in tent there’s still so much more those are gonna continue getting nutes. there’s 2 reasons why that 1 runtz didn’t get bigger its either 1. not enough light when 600 watt light stopped working was with 1k hps was in same tent or 2. I went kinda overboard on topping the plant itself had more than 8 colas what do you guys think :thinking:

1 Like

Sounds like you’re on top of it. Both could be potentially responsible.

1 Like

a problem that will soon get fixed on other grow I’m doing same amount plants an same pots just gonna reammend soil. just gotta figure out when to start germinating I know the wedding cake in 30 gal pot needs a week left til she gets chopped down then there’s 1 runtz muffin that’s not even close to done yet in 7 gal pot an another in a 7 gal pot that’s wedding cake… 2 plants are ready to chop down today both are close to 9 weeks flower. Trichomes look amazing on Calyx 5 percent clear trichomes mostly cloudy few amber trichomes. decided to get the most thc outta them plus lower branches are dying off due to not getting enough light I guess. From what I’ve read that I didn’t even know that Runtz Muffins is a fast flower photo period plant so makes sense those got done before the wedding cakes. I got some pictures of buds of both Runtz Muffin that are getting taken down today for some reason the pistils are more than 50 percent amber all the way around but quite a bit white pistils forming even the popcorn buds shows mature trichomes an same as the rest of the top buds. I did notice both 2 runtz I’m about to pull there not getting any more weight from what I can tell. note that there’s more red pistils than what pic shows.

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower

2 Likes

Looks nice dude!

I always drop my seeds a week or two prior to harvest. By the time they crack and come up, I just throw them in with flowering plants until I harvest.

1 Like

so since the other 3 have about 3 weeks left it will be fine for the seeds to be under 12/12 hps light til others get done then switch light to veg it will be fine? @dbrn32 oh in a little bit I need some opinions which strain to grow next in tent lol im doing 8 of them but I can’t choose which ones to start lol this grow with plants gettin ready to be done were 4 runtz muffin and 4 wedding cakes. I would love to do all 35 of them but of course I don’t got big enough tent :roll_eyes:

Depends on how accurate your timeline is. If I dropped seeds today I figure 3 days to show tap root. Then if I planted it another couple days to sprout. That is almost one week. If you put it under 12/12 for 2 weeks from there it wouldn’t be mature enough to flower. So you could just increase the light time after you harvest.

1 Like

so say I dropped some in water today to germinate and sprout ready to be under light then if the other 2 plants are not ready to harvest when I plant tap rooted seed in soil so i have to wait another couple weeks will it still grow an not mature like what’s the most weeks can I go for tap rooted seeds under 12/12 light without trying to mature is what I’m trying to say now when you said to increase light schedule when their are just those baby seedlings in tent an the rest of maturing plants are out of tent would me running my usual 20hrs on 4 hrs off should keep them in veg til its ready to be in flower stage? also when they get to the point of flower stage can i go back to 12/12 to let them flower or give them more darkness less light than 12/12?