New Grow Plant Issues

Just a little back story. So I am growing Flubber plants indoors in soil. Happy Frog. Using Nectar of the Gods nutrients. In a 3x5 grow tent under a 400W MH light 12" above plants. My temperature ranges from 70-80 with a humidity of between 50-65. Plants are at 20 days from sprout. The only nutrients the plants have received up to this point is a small amount of Cal Mag which I will explain and Zeus Juice which is Nectar of the Gods water additive: Compounds in Zeus Juice are 100% water soluble and are absorbed immediately, acting as a catalyst to produce accelerated growth and nutrient uptake. With increased metabolic rates, Zeus Juice offers optimal nutrient availability, healthy plant growth, healthy prolific rooting and protection from transplant shock.

I am not too familiar with soil growing. I have grown hydroponically on and off for years but last grow was a few years ago. I did not want to add nutrients too much in seedling stage especially given the fact that the plants are in soil. I figured it would contain more then enough for what they needed. My issue is that my largest plant is experiencing, what I believe is a nutrient issue. The bottom two leave have turn yellow with the 2nd tier now showing yellow tips. I added Cal Mag a day ago in just 6.0 PH water to try and resolve the problem.

Is this the plant just telling me that it is ready to get the full dose of veg nutes?

2 Likes

Thanks Victor. I call those first leaves the tongues, not them. Its the first tier of leaves. Yeah I’m definitely keeping a close eye on her.

Yeah the round leaves that shed the shell. They are already withering off. Its the 3 forked 1st tier. Good to hear its relatively normal. Was figuring that was the case. At least hoping…hahaha

Right now I’m growing Flubber. Unfortunately with it being a newer strain cant get feminized which is brutal. I have some White Widow Fems on deck after I work out all the kinks with my environment and really using soil for the first time beyond mothering. This will be my first soil grow , seed to harvest

1 Like

Awesome thanks. Gratz man!!!

1 Like

just testing it out @vicbesos420

thanks again brother!

1 Like

From personal experience I would say that it’s a sign from your girls asking for more nutrients please lol

I agree, I would feed too. I’m not familiar with your nutrients but you might want to start at a lower strength ?
-best wishes

@ktreez420 ; @Paranorman …I fed the girls last night. They are loving it. Thanks for getting back to me. Appreciate it.

2 Likes

After a little bit of time I realized that I was most likely just using a little too much nutrient too soon. Having the Zeus Juice at full veg strength from the beginning. Continued with the normal once a week feeding which has that particular nute in it so all the same just much less in frequency… Now for the rest of the time in between feedings, just using 6.1 PH water which has all but cured the issue.

Got a little overzealous with the new nutes. They are amazing just not when used excessively. Happy Growing all!

1 Like