New grow no buds

Hello Im a first time grower. Iam 7 weeks out with gg4. 3 weeks of 12/12 any ideas? Dont see any buds yet.

1 Like

She is lanky for gg. Is she feminized? Wait her out. She is in stretch and once she stops she will start flowers. Just watch for male parts. No worries yet my friend.

1 Like

Yes feminized. Problem is Im running out of headroom however. Shes about 8 inches from the light now. Should I move her to a taller ceiling area?

2 Likes

Can supercrop that main right now. She will stop going up immediatly.

Oh geeze Im worried about that. Have no idea how rhat works. Just cut it back? Or is there an art to it?

1 Like

Super crop / bend at 90 degree as low as you can. Work you way down the stem to where she has no flex. Come up an inch or two and bend the top to the side. You will need to support it until she heals and forms a knuckle.
When a plant has that much height difference between the light and the bottom, the buds on the bottom will be airy larf. For this reason you do not want to move the light further away

4 Likes

Oh ok ill give it a shot see what happens

1 Like

Art. You will find a nice spot where you want the bend. GENTLY roll that branch between fingers squeeezing lightly. When you feel a slight pop showing the fibers seperated bend her gently right there. If doesnt go easy repeat step 1. If bark is split put honey on it at bend. Let it go. A knot will form and that bud will turn up as it grows. Others will race to take over and settle out about there.

2 Likes

We are talking main stem correct?

1 Like

That is another option. The problem is she is probably close to setting flowers and it will not have much time if any to grow back anything of consequence.
Look at it this way. If you mess up the supercrop then you can cut it back at the bend. The first option is better than chopping.
After you supercrop it lower the light as much as you can.

2 Likes

Yes the main

Ok thak you very much will keep you posted. Hopefully will be great news

1 Like

They are tough. Will bounce right back. I know outdoor guys who just walk through thier grows cropping as they go by.

1 Like

This is before cropping just so you know not much room in there.

2 Likes

Gg4 was my main med. You crop her she will thicken. Will need plant stakes by the end to hold them up. She is a b

e very patient girl. This is what to expect if wait her out.

4 Likes

Holy crap! Ok im on it. Ive grown tons of tomatoes and tied up many and gotten big yields so makes sense!

1 Like

That bud was a clone i gave friend. Set him up…earth dust in 7 gallon pot. 300w bestva hybrid light. 3x3 tent. Made him wait. I thought he was gonna have a heart attack wanting to harvest. Finally went over with scissors and gave them to him. CHRISTMAS SMILE!!! Worth being patient. Gg4 HATES ph fluctuations. Keep it rock steady.

1 Like

Oh ok I think my pot is too small have to water daily. Im using a 1000 w king led. In a 3x3x6 closet. And I found out my municipal water is 8.5 or something so I switched to straight bottled water. Was using kelp every 2 weeks but switched to tiger bloom now. Fox farm soil ,mycoo to start, and worm castings

It’s stretchy cause it needs more light. Fear not, bending and topping won’t hurt it,and will help but more powerful light would help more. Then you’ll have to feed it more.

1 Like

You can repot it also. If you’re careful not to disturb the roots she won’t miss a beat.

1 Like