New Grow (Master Kush)

Week 2 Day 6 of Veg. These started from seeds.( Currently in 3gal pots)

I am trying to end up flowering 2 plants ea in one 4 X 4 tent. Total 6 plants. (2 plants ea in (2) 4 x 4 tents, and 2 plants in one 2 x 4 tent. Hopefully they are all females. I am using a mixture of FF Ocean Forrest and ProMix BX with a layer of Coco on the bottom. So far they are doing well, and I FIM’d the tops yesterday. Feedings are approx every 2weeks, and watering w/5.8 pH water. The stalks are very thick already, and am using low stress training. Temp is averaging 75 degrees with a RH about 52%. I am using 2 Viparspectra 450w LED lights right now, and will change to a 600w Viparspectra LED for 2 plants after they are transplanted into their final pots. (I haven’t decided yet on a 5 gal or 7 gal smartpot). Anyway here are some pics.

25 Likes

Welcome to forum. Youve got some pretty girls there!

2 Likes

Gorgeous plants. Some day I will have a grow where my plants look that good throughout. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with the folks
Very pretty plants
Your doing a fine job
Im curious about why you used three different grow mediums tho just wondering lol
Seems to be working out for you
Keep up the great work
Should you need anything just tag me
Welcome to the play ground as well @Smilin

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies. Oh yes, the soil… I used the bottom layer of Coco for a little better porosity. I mixed the FFOF and the Promix BX in a 2:1 ratio. My thoughts were to get the benifits of the BX and the FFOF. When I looked at the roots, when they were transplanted, there was good growth. So far, it seems to be going well… Thanks again…@Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

Cant knock your train of thought @Smilin
Keep up the good work
Happy holidays

1 Like

Welcome lookin real good I noticed the pH at 5.8 on your watering I think in soil you want to be at 6.5 - 6.8. But I am no expert and your girls look happy and healthy and love the LST you got goin on.
Nice set up keep up the good work.

1 Like

Thanks again for the replies. The plants tend to drift towards the alkaline end of things. The soil was checked when I watered, and the pH was at 6.2. When I was using straight Promix BX, I would give the watering at 5.5 pH and that worked well, so I adjusted up 3 tenths up, because of the mixture. I feed by the colors and shape of the leaves, and the weight of the buckets along with moisture content of the soil. They have kicked back in since I FIM’d, and I will try to get some pics today…

3 Likes

Looks good. I’ll be watching. Interesting use of the ph.

Right on good to know keep doin what your doin looks great!! Look forward to updates on the grow!!

1 Like

They might be the finest newborns I’ve ever seen. Your little ladies look great and whatever you’re doing keep doing it. Great job so far

1 Like

Your plants look happy :slightly_smiling_face:
Keep doing whatever your doing :ok_hand:

1 Like

Wk 3 Day 2: Just a quick catch up. Here are today’s pics…! (2 days since the last pics)! Good growth! Mainstems are getting thick! P1000948|500x500

6 Likes

Ok, Tomorrow will be week 4 day 1. Today, I have transplanted 2 plants 2days ago, and the last 4 today, all into 7 gal pots. I have some interesting pics of the root areas, and their growth progress. I also included an pic of the 2 plants that were transplanted into 7 gal pots (2 days ago), and 2 plants next to them that were in 3 gal pots. Then to compare with a pic of all of the 4 plants in 7 gal pots. Water is still being given @ 5.8 pH. Neuts are @ 200ppms. So far, I think this grow is looking promising.

9 Likes

Nice roots😎

3 Likes

Agreed healthy looking root ball

3 Likes

So, this is what has happened in one week…

All Plants are in final pot, and increasing in size. (Approx 4 inches in one week), and thriving. Main stems are looking very good, and for 1 month in veg, almost 1/2 inch across. I’m happy they are in a 7gal pot because they are thirsty! Temps (Day) are 72 deg F., RH 52%; (Night is 65 deg F., RH 47%. (It was 3 deg outside yesterday!). Water is still going in @ 5.8 pH, and the runoff is coming out @ 6.2 pH. And Boy Howdy! When I open the tents, it’s not hard to miss the fragrance! Anyway, so far…I’m happy…

9 Likes

Those are def. smile worthy plants!

1 Like

Happy New Year to everybody! OK, I separated two verified females, and I am seeing some indications that there may be a few males, (Ahhh the life of growing bag seed!) Here are the pics.(So take a look and tell me what you see)

… I want the ladies to have a chance to get bigger before I flip them, and the others are so healthy, if they are also females it would be a shame to flip them right now.

1 Like

I see male. I know you can flip them to see the sex,and then flip back for more vegging to weed out the males early.
They look great by the way!

1 Like