New Grow Journal version 2 Power Plant

Ok soo i went and got new nutrients and i used a measuring glass instead of a syringe so i put nothing into the bottle of Bloom A and it also had these things floating in it I fished them out. I cant afford to buy more nutrients this week since i am on a very fixed income until next month. So it might just be the type of nutrient i use. Also having learned that i was thinning out the dwc through the week now i mix a reservoir tank to use as top off solution and the amount of growth is amazing.

3 Likes

Maybe next time i will get the growth that i am supposed to lol since i been starving her instead of giving her a balanced meal threw the week.

1 Like

@dbrn32 Hey bud can you answer this for me. I just ordered the mars hydro sp 150 it says the ppf is 387 and the HLG 100 is at 221 ppf do that make the ppfd a total of 608? in the center? I was looking at the ppfd charts and it says that i actually get 420 on center and the Mars is 387 in the center. with both of them side by side do i add both of those numbers together.

1 Like

You can’t interchange ppf and ppfd measurements like that. The hlg-100 v1 has a ppf of 235 umols per second, yet a single point ppfd measurement of 420 umols per second per m² at directly below center of fixture.

The Mars light that consumes 50% more power has single point measurement of 387 umols per second m² directly below the fixture, but they don’t give you the total ppf like hlg does.

Since Mars doesn’t give you ppf, its nearly impossible to say what your total light density average will be. So the only thing you can say it that they will likely blend some and have higher ppfd measurements in areas between them.

But with the new extra light i should see a change in the amount of growth right? That is all i am looking for. While i try to understand light intensity and par measurements i really dont. The basic question is can i add another plant to my tent or maybe a total of 3 of them. Will all three lights be enough to grow multiple plants under them.

Here is my weekly update on her. 3 gallons of water
22.5 ML Bloom A&B
6 ML UC Roots
15 ML Cal Mag
15 ML Flora and Diamond Nectars
3 ML Armor Si
PPM is 1050 and ph is 5.8-6.0

3 Likes

That little guy in the corner is me attempting to Monster Crop lol i had to cut off some bottom stuff just wasnt getting the light so while it may die (since i dont have it in a dome for moisture) it just a fun little try for me. We will see if she takes root.

I think what i am going to do is take the lights down to the store at the end of my street They are a Lighting store i am pretty sure they will have a apogee light meter. That will tell me the ppfd measurement of both of the lights together.

Ok that is weird i dont have the edit pencil on the posts anymore. So @dbrn32 one more question Say the HLG-100 is = 200w hps/mh and the Mars is = 250w Hps/MH would the total light be = to 450w HPS/MH?

haha the little pencil edit thing has showed up on this post lmao

There was changes with edit functions on the forum, you have limited time to edit posts is all.

I’m not familiar with total flux on the small hps lights. So I can’t really say what would be equivalent. I would think you would be in pretty good shape.

It came today my new Mars Hydro Sp-150 man this light is kinda intense. These are my mid week photos.

2 Likes

Happy Anny @Rayofsunshine!

2 Likes

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The new light has added like 5 degrees to the room tho total i was at 73 now i am around 78 hope i dont get heat stress on the top buds. I used my temp gun and the buds are not any warmer then 72 so i should be ok.

1 Like

Sweet, and happy Anniversary! Most of the more recent studies suggest you get best transpiration rate running leaf temps in the low 80’s, so I wouldn’t worry about running too hot there.

1 Like

I sent a email to mars-hydro and this is the ppfd readings for the sp-150 light.

They came in pdf files so i had to take pictures of my screen to show you guys. The only ppfd file they show on the website is for 18 inches but i wanted to know my ppfd at lower lvls because my light is around 12 inches from the top of the canopy. I am happy with this new light.

@dbrn32 These are the measurements for the light i just got. I am just a little confused about something. Now the HLG light was tested in a 2x2 tent. It rocks out of the park at 420 ppfd at 18 inches and 620 at 18 inches. What i am curious about is because it was tested in a tent are those numbers higher then if it was not? I am asking because i do not know if Mars used a tent in their measurements. Or if it was just a open area thus letting the light dissipate?

They could be a little higher in a tent than in open air. Depends on shape of the fixture, size of the tent, and height of the fixture. If you’re talking about center of the tent measurements, probably not as big of difference as readings around the edges

This is week 6 of flower to 3 gallons of water i added.
6 ML UC roots
18 ML Bloom A and B
10 ml Cal/mag
3 ml Armor Si
10 ml Flora and Diamond Nectars
PPM is at 800 ph 5.8-6.0

2 Likes

@Bogleg I have a couple questions on a Ebb and Flow system. As i said i am going to try a 2x2 flood table and will go with a 20 gallon res. What size pump should i get? Also will a 6x6 gro block support a plant all the way to finish? or go with a bigger 8x8 block. Last how do you go about draining the system for res change? how often do you change the res? This is totally new to me so i want a good idea on what to expect.

2 Likes