New Grow Journal version 2 Power Plant

@Slim420 Here is my grow journal that i am doing now. She is 2 weeks old she popped her head up on new year’s day. I hope to stay on top of the journaling part i kinda let my last journal get away from me. So anywho… Friday i noticed that our hot water was not that hot and i checked and the tank sensor light was blinking 5 times in a roll that is code for the unit has a bad sensor. The tank is probably 15 years old and we had reused the union fittings that connect the lines to the tank and those were going bad also. So i replaced the tank myself and tried to use the old union fittings again and LIFE was like nooo way you got two tanks from these as it is you need to replace them. This involves soldering copper and to be honest i just suck at it (not nearly enough practise) so i have 2 friends that are plumbers, 1 said he could come today and fix it for me and my other friend told me about these fittings called “Shark Bite” you do not need to solder them to the copper. So i went and got all the fittings i needed for this project. I really like the ease of use of them, they are up to code in all 50 states. I did it all myself and saved at least 500 bucks in the process. This is what it looked like before and after.

2 Likes

@Rayofsunshine , that looks good I’ll have to check into those fittings. Have you looked at those tankless heaters yet , they have really come down in price the past couple years

Yeah they have come down alot in price @Slim420. But they are still out of my price range that is why i went and got this new tank. I paid 429 for the tank and 75 for the fittings and replacement parts. So this only ran me 525 to do the whole thing. I asked my friend what his company charges and he said they charge 1000 dollars tank included. So by doing it myself i saved 475. And i learned about these types of fittings. My gf is like i know who i am calling when i need to replace my tank at the house lol. We both cringe at the start of winter i have to save my ass off this year to get our furnace replaced its got to be at least 35 years old they do not last for ever so i need to replace it.

1 Like

@Rayofsunshine , I’m going to be heating with wood next year. I’ve already bought the wood fireplace and I’ve got a guy to put it in for me . It will cost me about $700 total , not counting the wood

1 Like

I have a customer that heats his whole house with a huge wood burner he has outside that is connected to his boiler lol he never turns on his propane anymore noo need for it.

1 Like

Here is mid week 2. I grow in my basement and it is cold down there this time of the year so i run a little fish tank water heater to get the water to 68. She is moving right along.

6 Likes

coming along nicely @Rayofsunshine

3 Likes

Start of week 3
20ml Gen Hydro Micro and Gro
10ml GH Bloom
10ml Diamond Nectar
10ml Flora Blend
6ml UC roots
5 ml Cal Mag
3 ml Armor Si
2 ml Rapid Start
3 ml of Dechlorinator
PPM 1023 with a ph of 5.8-6.0
This was added to 3 gallons of water in my DWC this is still a lower dose then recommended. this is 2:3 Ratio I am learning that the plant does not need all the nutrients that the feed schedule suggests. So at 2/3rds nutrients she is moving right along. She still isn’t stretching as much as i would like. So she is starting her 3rd internode and i can not tie her down yet she just isn’t tall enough to bend just yet.

2 Likes

Try reducing light intensity or going more red a little to get some node spacing. You’ll be able to train her a little more.

3 Likes

Would raising the lights be considered lowering the light intensity? I do not Potentiometer so that is the only way i can lower light intensity. I Raised them all the way up in the tent maybee it will give her some legs lol she is very vertically challenged

3 Likes

Yes, you can raise them to reduce light intensity :v::bear:

3 Likes

Yup, that’s what I would do.

3 Likes

Yeah she is stretching a bit now. I am curious how many have ever experimented with following the recommended feed schedule exactly. Like Flipped their veg plants into flower exactly at 4 weeks. I am going to try that with this grow. She popped her head up on jan 1st so she is exactly 3 weeks old today. So this saturday i am going to flip her into flower it will be 4 weeks of veg and if she takes as long as the jack did to flower i should be in good shape. We will see if it dont do that great i have plenty of other seeds to do something different LOL

1 Like

I’ve grown them like that. Sometimes they take a little longer to show pistils as they may not quite be mature. But it’s a great way to have quick turn around.

1 Like

Ok this grow is weird the ph keep dropping from 6.0 down to 5.3 i have to use ph up all the time this is the first time this has happened could this be because i don’t have enough nutrients in the water. She dont seem to be growing slow and i dont notice deficiency. Typically the ph raises in dwc this is the first time i have seen it drop like this. Any ideas?

I am making the effort to stay on top of this journal and as promised here is the mid week picture of my little girl. I am also starting my own you tube channel as a vlog on my growing of cannabis on a budget. Here she is.

I swear its like watching a salad grow lol

1 Like

Ph is probably dropping due to the uptake of nutrients.

1 Like

Anyone ever try the Kratky method? You do a dwc but you do not use a air stone to aerate the water they just sit in the solution and create this pocket of air and that is how the plant takes up nutrients and provide O2. The video i saw he ended with having 4 plants 3 looks like they had bad root rot and the 1 had a healthy root system. I might give it a try at some point.

So i flipped the lights today to 12x12
So she got her bloom nutrients
6 ml Armor Si
6ml Uc Roots
10.5ml Current Culture Bloom A & B
4 ml Early Bloom Boost PK
10 ml Diamond Nectar
10 ml Flora Nectar
6 ml Cal Mag
ph 6.0 ppm of 565

I got her to Bend this last few days so started some LST on her that is why she starting to get 2 heads lol.
I know she seems a little young to flip but the last time i had that jack herer and flipped her it took like 4 weeks to transition into showing me pistils i am hoping this will mature in a few weeks.

2 Likes

Careful with the pk boost in transition. I’ve read several places that can really hamper stretch, in turn cutting into where your plant has space to put buds.

1 Like