New grow journal. First time attempt

Alrighty fellas so I ended up switching the lights today from 18/6 ———> 12/12.
I left the rest of them as is.
Water going in PH=6.67 / ppm=369

I cranked my HLG 650R up from 42%, up to about 70%… they are at a height of 31” inches above canopy. Is this too high? I did a hand test and didn’t feel very hot.
I installed my de humidifier to try and drop humidity to about 30%-55% range.
I turned on my auto mode on my AC infinity cloud line. Testing it out and hoping it works well. Low temp, I set it at 65 and high I set it at 81. Then humidity 30% is my low setting and 52% would be my high. Hoping my fan will help stay in that range.

1 Like

I use a pressure sprayer.

1 Like

Keep your lights between 18-24 inches away

1 Like

No problem, I want you to be successful too.

2 Likes

You can start at about 26 and drop down every couple of days while checking the plants. Reading the plants is probably the most useful skill you can master. You can use a pressures sprayer as Covert stated…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

So I’m having issues getting humidity down at lights off. I do have a small de-humidifier in the tent already. I’m getting to like 75% with lights out. Should I get another small de humidifier ?

This is mine I’m using now.

1 Like

I would get a bigger one. It sounds like it’s not big enough to pull as much moisture out of the air as you would like. How big of a area are you trying to get down?

1 Like

5x5 tent … :tired_face:

If I was you I would go ahead and get a big dehumidifier and get the whole room down to what your aiming for. And you won’t have to empty as much.

1 Like

How big do you recommend? I see a 2000ml one is that big enough?

1 Like

Approximately 33,200 ml will work a lot better. Had to convert from pints. Lol That’s the size I have.

1 Like

I have a 50 pint and I usually dump 1 time a week. I set it at 50% and let it do it’s thing.

I would place that near the area you draw your air from. Not in the tent.

2 Likes

@Loudman @Covertgrower

This is the one I ended up getting real quick. Because my humidity was like in the high 70’s. Low 80’s.

Should I place it in my tent on low? Or outside of my tent ?

Then these was the girls last night. I think they’re looking good. Just having the two tone color that was talked about above on some of them. I’m thinking maybe a PH issue ?
I saw this thing on amazon, it’s called nectar of the gods PH up. I guess you just mix into water and it will raise ph of soil to 6.4
Nectar For The Gods 32 oz. Olympus Up Fertilizer, 1 quart, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MWE1QDC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WOmzFbT1XVW8G

Let me know if you or anyone else can chime in if it actually works?

1 Like

@Covertgrower
Hmm not sure where I would place it exactly then? My Tents in the basement.

Right… :point_up::point_up:

So place it in your basement, near the tent.

1 Like

@Covertgrower
It doubles as a fan also, what is the downside of placing in tent vs outside of tent ?

It produces a lot of heat, takes up space, you’ll need to tape up the lights.
Plus you’re exhaust fan is constantly sucking out your treated air, and exhausted out.
Placing it outside the tent, it draws in the treated air.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower.
Okay thank you! I will take out of tent then. I did cover lights and had it in the corner. But I do see the heat of tent rising to 69-70 degrees F.

It’ll probably get warmer before it gets cooler.