2nd grow journal 11/1/2021 / starts 5/1/22

Will topping them in a week or so keep them good enough, just hard to imagine cause they are so small right now. Tight and bushy, cant wait til I can quit worrying about blueberry be male or female

At least I will learn A LOT from this 1st grow lol. Great group here and love watching Kyle Kushman videos

How am I gonna get that blue dream top left out of 3 gallon cloth pot to its 5 gallon cloth pot, its to heavy and big for me to flip out, should I let the roots grow more to flip it

Organic soil

Yes.

:rofl: the longer they veg the bigger they get. Thankfully from seed I think you’ll be okay extending the veg time without accidentally getting too insane. If you grew from a clone I would not wait much longer than a month. I’m … currently drowning in a giant monster clone and will have another one to deal with shortly.

It won’t hurt the yield, it’ll actually improve it as long as you’ve got enough room to flower them out. @yoshi and @Hellraiser both have good advice. Keep em short as they veg and you’ll be Golden when the younger ones catch up. Plus you’ll have more tops/colas on the ones that had a longer veg, so they’ll probably give you a little more than they would have if you flower em now.

I actually saw someone (I wish I could remember who) planted their smaller fabric pot inside a larger fabric pot. The roots have no problems growing through the fabric when they aren’t being air pruned. So theoretically you don’t need to remove them to get them in a bigger pot successfully. Approach with caution unless another grower can verify that - but it sounds plausible in theory.

5 Likes

@graysin I used that method out at the farm but I just cut the bottom off the fabric pot about inches from bottom to exposed the roots to the new fresh dirt as I transplant it is what I do , but you can just sit a 3 gallon inside a 5 gallon into a 7 to a 10 to a 25 gallon , I used 25 to 100 gallon pots like that cause of the mass weight and as you know my back is not happy!

6 Likes

New update: finally got a pic of the blueberry, 2 balls have hairs coming out, so is that female?

3 Likes

Looks like a lady to me!

Dude looks like a lady! Here’s a tip for ya. Photone is a light measurement app. Free. Being a data collector, had to have it. Works great, I check ppfd & dli every other day. Light gets tweaked frequently with heavy growth. Check it out

1 Like

To remove it from the 3 gallon see if you can roll the top all the way down. If you set a tall pot with a smaller diameter beneath it, it will make it easier. One thing about fabric pots is roots do grow through them. However, they are air pruned for the most part just inside the bag. I am not sure who it is, @MidwestGuy or @oldmarine will put a smaller pot in the larger pot rather than removing it. I am not sure if the smaller one is buried completely.
There are pots with a Velcro side called transplanters. I was introduced to them a while back and they make up-potting stress free. If interested check out 247Garden com. Of course amazon has them for Xtimes more

1 Like

I do the pot in a pot thing. Less stress on the plant and the grower.

2 Likes

Thanks for the follow-up

Great thank you, was hoping my Kind soil would come in before transplant, but looks like not… so oldest plants will be in the Brut, gonna combine both ideas and leave in pot, sacrifice this pot, cut the bottom. Tackle that over the weekend… learning so much, love reading the threads, last night read up on @MeEasy grow journals, again love growing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hope my plants live to look as nice as all of yours all

Update, uggg tried to pull the blue dream over and I accidentally snapped the top, ugggg put some aloe on it and duct taped it … seed what happens lol watch and see.

1 Like

Calling this::: shit happens lol. Ugg. @oldmarine @Hellraiser @beardless @Myfriendis410 @RicWrench please need advice, should I leave this top half taped on and see what happens or should I take it off and put it in water?

2 Likes

When I make breaks, I make clones…

1 Like

I take it you didn’t break it off Just broke the outer skin. It should heal. It will slow it up obviously but it should survive. At some point you should remove the duct tape. It doesn’t have any give to grow with the stem,

2 Likes

I’m with @beardless if it wasn’t a clean break, I’d leave it taped and let it heal. If it was fully snapped with no skin attached, I’d go with @oldmarine and make a clone (unless she’s an auto, then it’s just trash).

2 Likes