New Grow from Soil Up

I use canna coco bricks and expanded them with Jack’s, no issues. When I was in soil, I loved Coast of Maine Stonington blend. I prefer coco nowadays as it’s a neutral medium and I know exactly what I’m putting into the medium. Plants also really take off in coco as compared to soil grows…IMO of course.

3 Likes

BDogg pretty much covered it. I rehydrate my canna coco with full strength jacks

1 Like

I’m using FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient for fertilizing this time for the 1st time. Is this a good choice?

1 Like

Yes. Make sure you do the flush on the schedule! It matters

1 Like

It’s what many people start out with, but I will say most will move on to something else eventually. It works and you can grow good cannabis with FF nutes. One of the reasons people move on to something else is because even after using FF you may find things going sideways on your grows. You mentioned that we should consider you a clean slate. If you decide to go with coco, I would like to recommend Jack’s 321 nutrient line it’s a nutrient line that you can use start to finish, using the exact same mixture every time. AfgVet and hellraiser both commented on using coco and they both use Jack’s. If you want to know more about it, tag me and let me know. :+1:

1 Like

Can you provide a link?

Can’t put commercial links up. But here’s a video on how to use. You need three different parts. Part A, Part B and Epsom salt. You can purchase directly at Jack’s 321 website or at Amazon. They sell it in approximately 2 pound bags or 25 pound bags. It’s one of the cheapest to use nutrients around. If you’re not completely sure about investing in a larger bag, you can find smaller bags on Ebay.

Here’s a link to a thread that has link to Amazon, to buy Jack’s

4 Likes

And you use Jack’s 321 from veg to flower?

2 Likes

Correct. It’s even safe enough for seedlings.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m using a fairly hot soil mixture. So no nutrients are needed usually until the start of flower. But once I start them, I use the exact same mixture until harvest. Now, if you use Coco you would start using Jack’s 321 mixture from seedling to harvest. Coco is inert, it doesn’t retain any nutrients, that’s why you water daily with nutrients. You can also use various additives, like Tribus ,a Rhizobacteria to promote root growth while in veg.But honestly its not absolutely essential. You can also use different additives during flower, like fulvic acid, which will help plants uptake nutrients. I’m going to post a link to one of AfgVet’s past journals, she used Coco and Jack’s on this grow.

2 Likes

Bulldognuts, I’m very interested in watching this grow, could you tag me. Thanks

1 Like

Hey, the one I linked is done, but it’s a good example of what can be done with coco and Jack’s. You can click on link and it will take you to first posting for that journal. Do you know how to set any thread to watch?

Coast of Maine is a great soil had nothing but great results using there products. The bar harbor blend in the pink bag with perlite added in works great everytime and it’s cheaper than any ff bagged soil I’ve seen where I’m at in the northeast!

2 Likes

Bulldognuts, thanks I figured it out.

1 Like

You can use coco coir with peat moss and perlite mix or u can use hp promix or fox farm happy frog and ocean Forest or if you wanted to you could mix worm castings into coco coir and u could also mix other dry amendments into that aswell ,stuff like kelp meal and alfalfa meal fish bone meal bat guano volcanic rock dust fertilizer and superworm frass and organic compost and sea bird guano or you can go bottled nutrients .i used to use bottled nutrients with coco coir with peat moss and perlite then i went to organics i mixed in all that i mentioned here and ive never looked back ive had nothing but good results

2 Likes

Are any of those dry amendments from coast of Maine by chance? I have there full line of dry amendments and just started my first coco, perlite grow and wasn’t sure if they would a, work well, b work at all with coco or if a liquid fertilizer is the best route to go.

Im not sure what coast of Maine products are i dont get them over here in Australia

Organic growing mix

Okay I have a conundrum. The general opinion seems to be Jack’s 321 is the more preferred and an easier nute to use. I just received FoxFarm nutes but I can return them and replace them with Jack’s 321. Looking for opinions. TIA

Greetings…
I use FFOF, HF and Roots Organic soilless mix in a 50/25/25 mix with Azomite, DE and Dolmite Lime mixed in.
Using GH FloraNova series in 3g fabric pots.
Good Growing