New grow for the first time. Any help appreciated

Hey everyone, I have been off and on with this community for a while now and I’m ready to start my first grow. I finally received my medical cannabis license and have hopefully most of not all of what I need for a successful grow. Any help people can throw my way would be awesome.

5 Likes

@dbrn32 @PurpNGold74 @garrigan62 @Hogmaster @MattyBear I know there’s a lot of people who I missed. With the amount of threads I have read these are the names that popped out to me the most. Please tag anyone else into the thread you want. I will put a list out of everything I have and hopefully go from there

5 Likes

How are you growing? Soil or hydro?

3 Likes

I will be growing white widow ilgm genetics inside. I am following garrigans soil recipe.
Full Recipe
8 1.5 cubic ft bags of Roots Organics soil or a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tablespoons powdered humic acid
I will be in a 3x3x7 tent, I’m using hlg 260 watt qb. I have an Ipower 4” in-line can and carbon filter. I’m using 5 gallon fabric pots and my goal is to scrog with just one plant.

5 Likes

Autoflower or photoperiod? Thanks for the tag too :v::bear:

2 Likes

Photoperiod, feminized white widow is my first grow choice. I picked the Dutch classics pack so eventually I want to grow my Jack Herer and powerplant.

3 Likes

Nice! Lots of good strains out there and White Widow is a classic

2 Likes

First strain I ever smoked and I never was able to get it again. I’m hoping to get that feeling I have always remembered when I get to smoke mine for the first time :drooling_face:

4 Likes

How are you starting your seeds?
Seems like you know your way around already
So I’m sure you will do the 24hr soak, paper towels or jiffy pucks.
Solo cups till you can plant into a bigger container and scale up to your full pots.

What have you rigged up for an intake filter?
Using sand or nat nix on top of your soil and have your yellow sticky pads ready?

Have you setup your tent and dialed in the Temp/RH? Got fresh coming in from a source or circulating inside the space?

1 Like

Happy to help if I can, just let me know. Otherwise best advice I can give you is to be patient and don’t be afraid to ask for clarification on anything you’re not sure about. Best of luck with your grow too!

4 Likes

@Yamiraiden Well then " WELCOME BACK "
and congratulations on getting your card.

You should also check this web-site out it’s way cool I just ordered the 5 gal setup.

Here is a list Just to go on … ok ?

Grow Tent:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DXYMKIO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K/?tag=greenrel-20

Lighting:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P8P51ZQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2PQGFJXAT8J9K/?tag=greenrel-20

Fan/filter/ducting:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIH7TL0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AXC6VLRHTOFD2/?tag=greenrel-20

Nutrients:

Cal-Mag:

PH Kit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BNKWZY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER/?tag=greenrel-20

Soil:

Here is my list so far… Might give you ideas…

Lasko 2521 Oscillating Stand Fan, 16-Inch 1 ea

Simple Deluxe HIWKLTCLAMPLIGHTM Clamp Lamp Light w/ 8.5-Inch Reflector,
150-Watt, 6-Foot Cord, UL Listed 2 ea

3 Way ( Straight Shaped ) with Plug Locations On The left, Right, and
Middle – Wall Outlet Splitter Triple Prong Wall Plug Adapter– Green Color 1 ea

SPL Horticulture GLRP18 Pair of 1/8" Adjustable Grow Light Rope Hanger w/
Improved Metal Internal Gears 4 2-pk

Ideal-Air 380037 Noise Reduction Clamp, 6" 1 ea

VIVOSUN 6 Inch Noise Reducer Silencer for Inline Duct Fan 1 ea

Covery 3 in 1 Soil Tester Moisture Meter, Light and PH acidity Tester, Plant Tester 1 ea

Chapin 20000 1-Gallon Poly Lawn and Garden Sprayer 2 ea

Philips 433557 23W 100-watt T2 Twister 6500K CFL Light Bulb 1 4-pk

200 Count- Jiffy 7 Peat Soil 42mm Pellets Seeds Starting Plugs 1 200-pk

Stansport Reinforced Multi-Purpose Tarp 2 ea

G-LEAF 5-Gallon 10-Bag Grow Bag, Grow Pot for Plant 1 10-pk

General Hydroponics GH1514 Ph Control Kit 1 each

VIVOSUN 440 CFM 6" Inline Duct Fan with 6" Carbon Filter Odor Control with
Australia Virgin Charcoal 1 ech

Growsun 60"x60"x80" Horticulture Grow Tent 5x5 Indoor Growing Tents Mylar
Hydroponic Grow Room 1 ea

VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 900W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor
Plants Veg and Flower 2 ea

Pack of 3 - 22 Oz Durable Empty Spray Bottles 1 3-pk

Yield Lab 5ft. x 15ft (60 in x 180 in) Soft Mesh Trellis Netting 1 ea

Fox Farm FX14049 Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big,
Tiger Bloom 1 ech

Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer - Dual Outlet 1 ea

10 Plant Growing Trays (No Drain Holes) 1 10-pk

Digital Aid Professional pH Meter with Large Backlit LCD Screen 1 ea

Foxfarm FX14000 Ocean Forest Soil, Smart Naturals, 1.5 cubic feet 3 ea

White Widow Seeds 1 10-pk

My Cozy Home Pruner - Bypass Pruning Shears with Safety Lock 1 ea

Century 7 Day Heavy Duty Digital Programmable Timer - Dual Outlet 1 ea

iPower GLDUCT25C Non-Insulated Ducting Aluminum Foil Vent with 2 Clamps,
25-Feet 6-Inch 1 ea

AcuRite 00613 Indoor Humidity Monitor 1 ea

Lasko 2004W 2-Speed Clip Fan, 6-Inch, White 1 ea

3’ Fixture Chain, Nickel - 2 Pack 1 2-pk

Hydrofarm HGS16P Green Premium Saucer 1 10-pk

Camco 40043 TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector 1 ea

6 Inch Plastic Flower Seedlings Nursery Supplies Planter Pot/pots Containers 1 40-pk

Farmer in the Glen 10"x20.75" Waterproof Seedling Heat Mat for Hydroponics,
Propogation and Cloning - Mat Only 1 ea

Apex REM 15 15-Foot Connector Hose 1 ea

A1001 Heavy Duty Brass Y 2 Way Garden Hose Connector Brass 2-Way Splitter 1 ea

Wrote by
Matthew420
Posted by
Garrigan65

3 Likes

@Nicky I plan to use the paper towel method to start my seeds, then a solo cup then a gallon pot maybe and 5 gallon eventually. I hadn’t thought about any bugs but I can go grab some sand :+1:. Thanks for the tip. I’m running a 190 cfm ipower intake fan. @garrigan62 I love the list man there’s a few things it seems I could be missing so I will grab them quick and hopefully be set up, I really like the complete kit for growing. If I didn’t already purchase everything soil wise I would be all for it.

Make sure to have an intake filter even if it’s just your intake with a tube holding your tent inlet open, tape a vent filter over top of it and a pair for dollar store pantiehoes to keep bugs and dust out.

Be preventative use sand or gnat nix on the top of your soil, fabric pots. Definitely transplant into a 3gallon after solo cup and then into a 5gallon (fabric smart pots) if photos. If autos straight to 5gallon.

Also get those little yellow stickies and place them at the the base of your plants catch any critters before they catch your plants. Super cheap prevention goes a long way.
Huge list there you’ll do great keep us updated

2 Likes

just a heads up…
i see more and more Amazon problems on all grow sites,
i know u posted it as a reference, but others see the Amazon link and click for the cheap chit,
even as a reference it is not good, $'s spent on junk is a waist anyway u measure it.!
i know 99.8% of the purchases go great, so they think, but the other 0.2% feel the pain,
probably 50+% of Amazon grow lights r bought from ‘misleading’ advertising,
because of false advertising growers suffer and may not even know.

not trying to stir up trouble, just giving an update.!!

@SlowOldGuy

On this site we talk about all kinds of different items by different manufacturers. You can jump around and visit many different threads where they will discuss lights, nutrients and many other products. So feel free to jump in any of these threads.

2 Likes

I just ordered the 5 gal setup and a few of us mod’s are going to do a journal on these. When we do i’ll tag you in so that you can see first hand how they work out … ok?

4 Likes

@garrigan62 I would love a tag man. I enjoy reading the journals

@SlowOldGuy anything mentioned on my thread is all considered help to me. I don’t take offense to much and I don’t see you stirring up trouble at all. I think garrigans list was more of a checklist for me to make sure I have the things I need not really for me to buy what he linked. I went with horticulture lighting group for my lights just because they seem to have awesome reviews and everyone talks highly of them :+1:

4 Likes

@Yamiraiden you won’t be disappointed with those lights. You’ll love them.

2 Likes

Your a smart man… I wish I would have done the same lol in the process of selling my old stuff now to buy some HLG stuff

2 Likes