New Grow and not sure if this is due to stress

Hopefully someone can give some insight as to what is going on or if I should just ride it out.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed…I got seeds from a friend he said they were the last of his Bubblegum Feminized seeds that he had ordered from some seed bank.

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF…
Soil it was transplanted into Fox Farm Ocean Forest about 5 or 6 days ago
Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths…I have them in what i believe to be 2 or 3 gallon pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)…Soil test shows 6.3 to 6.5

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable…Not sure waiting for new meter

• Indoor or Outdoor…Indoor

• Light system…

• Temps; Day, Night…Day its usually around 73 to 76 NIght its 68 to 71

• Humidity; Day, Night…Day it stays at 55 to 60 Night its 50 to 53 I turn off the Humidifier at night.

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size… 4inch inline vivosun exhaust pulling from the top i will add picture at bottom

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, …yes but humidifier is only on when lights are on and the humidifier was a new add 2 days ago

• Co2; Yes, No…no co2

This is the problem one so far but I feel as though the others will be following with same symptoms

Light is about 18 inches from tops.
Any advice or help would be really appreciated. It seems this place has a lot of knowledge to give and hope someone can ease my mind about this. I grew back in college, but this is the first grow ive done in almost 10 years. Things have changed and I have all the options in the world to fix any problems now.

1 Like

Leaves tacoing upward is usually a result of heat stress. I would highly recommend raising your lights. A bunch. I think the light is way too close. 600w is a lot of power - is it adjustable/dimmable?

As an aside, you can also add a small fan to blow over the top of the plants to disperse the heat better.

PS - they look largely in good order. Just gotta back off the heat and keep an eye on em.

4 Likes

Light has 600w worth of diodes but is pulling about 125w from the wall so not that strong

5 Likes

Good catch. I didn’t read the tag all the way. :man_facepalming:t3:

Sad to say it still seems like it’s running hot, it just also is providing not as much light as it is heat based on that read.

2 Likes

That’s 60 x 10w diodes. Draw power is 120-130. But, it would not hurt to raise the light a couple inches. RH is OK but a little higher at this stage would help. Overall the plants look healthy. It also may be one of those plants that fusses a bit and will grow out of it.
Do you have a different light when they get late veg into flower? Is the tent 2x2? And will it be used for flowering? It will be tight for three plants. Train, prune and flip earlier rather than later. HLG Diablo 200 would be an excellent light for a 2x2 space.

1 Like

Welcome to the neighborhood! I see you have a fans moving air above the light. You might want to get another 6” fan or two blowing down by the plants. Keep the air moving :blush::v:

1 Like

Yeah, I missed that at a glance. :man_facepalming:t3:

I have a similar blurple with a 100w draw and its an eager beaver to put out heat instead of light.

My thought exactly.

My other thought exactly. love the 200.

2 Likes

Your girls look ok. You will probably need a better light, especially for 4 ladies. You are going to be tight. But, we love an adventure. There should be a code of ethics for these light distributors…Most of them lie about the wattage.
Welcome to the neighborhood :grinning: Have fun

1 Like

I’m definitely looking into a new light to buy very soon. I will raise the lights but I also have 2 on off switches which claim to be veg and bloom light basically veg then full spec I could just switch off full and keep veg button on to give them a rest from the light.? what do you think?

yes the tent is 2x2x4 and will be used for flower. I’m doing the switch early on considering these are suppose to be photo. I will definitely check out that light. I have a budget of probably 150 so I’m sure I will have some options.

I would leave both veg and bloom on. Using a similar light right now waiting on upgrade and my plant is doing ok. Been under veg and bloom full grow. Ive kept it at about 22-24 inches above canopy for full grow. Just raise her and you should be ok.

4 Likes

I appreciate the input, definitely following the advice. hopefully it solves it. will respond tomorrow and give an update

I have a couple 125w flame throwers. Each is labeled 600w. I don’t think I brought them down to 18" until late veg. Up to them, usually closer to 20 - 24". I still use them when needed.

1 Like

I did raise them to 22 above canopy and ordered another clip on fan. I appreciate everyone’s input I still think I’m lacking something so I will post a pic of them later today. most likely will do a water maybe go easy on some calmag added in

2 Likes

@Trilogy as @Graysin was saying I think your lights to close the tocoing is light stress other then that they look good

I raised the lights, I also increased humidity and moved clip fan. I also gave a watering. im ordering another inline duct fan, filter and i got calmag to water with everyother time. i think this was a bit of light stress and windburn. i am turning off a fan at night so its not too much for the the plants.

1 Like