New grow 4x4 to 10x10 hps

@SilvaBack203 @dbrn32 @Caligurl @spacey

Do you think 1 600 watt hps is enough to flower 4 plants??

1 Like

Sorry I have no experience with hps. I belive @Hellraiser can be a better help than me

2 Likes

600 watt hps is good for about a 4x4 space. Would depend on how large the 4 plants are.

3 Likes

Yes, basically what I did for a long time before moving to LED - 4 plants in a 3x3 under a 600 watt HPS, will be fine for a 4x4 as well.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser

How high from top of plant my ceiling is 8 foot
With hps

1 Like

I always tried to keep it about 22-24" from the plant tops but sometimes had way less (like half of that) when the plants stretched more than planned for but the air-cooled cool-tube hood/reflectors I used helped with that.

1 Like

2 foot with a 600 watt hps @Hellraiser That won’t burn the plants.

I plant on puting these plants in flower room and get.

Will I get better yield with 1 llantbunder 600 hps for 4
Per light

Never burned mine, but I always ran air-cooled hoods which is very different than not using air-cooled hoods.

You can get the same yield with 1 plant or 4 plants, difference is the 4 plants will do it much faster. You’d have to veg one plant a long time (like 14-16 weeks) to get a pound from it, not so long with 4 plants that could do the same with 8 weeks veg.

6 Likes

I have had this issue in flower 2 times now what causes this hopping to prevent this grow.

2 Likes

That plant looks like it started flowering, then went back to veg (as shown by the single blade leaves in upper growth) and then went back to flowering. Inconsistent light schedule or getting too much light during the night cycle would be the possible causes of that. Use a timer on 12/12 for photo plants in flowering (assuming it’s a photo and not an auto) and make sure there is no light getting to them during the dark period to avoid it in future grows.

6 Likes

@Hellraiser @SilvaBack203 @dbrn32 @Mark0427 @spacey I will send images of grow room. I have sealed the window better am now going to seal the main door better. I plan on getting more seeds soon and then growing more I want to fill this room full!

Using ocean forest and general hydroponics 3 part and calmag. Ph down. 90$ water filtering makes water 7 ph then I ph it down

1 Like

Wow went big :clap: can’t wait 2 c pictures and the grow. Happy 4 u

1 Like

12/12 in a perfect world, it’s better to go ahead and do a 11.5 hour day cycle and a 12.5 night cycle schedule to make sure they’re getting the photoperiod that they need to stay in flowering stage.

3 Likes

I’ve never had a plant reveg on 12/12 or even 13/11, nothing wrong with with 11.5/12.5 though.

3 Likes

Neither have I and I run 12/12 start to finish. When I rescued a plant for a buddy I switched to 18/6 and she bounced back. One of his neighbor chopped the top off. When it was all said and done I managed to get a full 1oz for him. He loved it.

3 Likes

@Hellraiser @SilvaBack203 @Hellraiser @spacey @MrPeat the first start leaves are very light yellow is that due to coco coir no nutes? You can’t really tell image. !
Transplanted 1 day ago

Plants are 10 days old today!
After these are off to flower I am going to start around 6 Plants.

1 Like

They seem fine to me.

1 Like

They look good soon they will be huge

1 Like

Yep, coco has no nutes in it so need to start feeding pretty quick. Looks pretty good for no nutes though it’ll nosedive quickly if not fed soon.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser just put them into ocean forest should last 2 weeks and then by 3 weeks I can transplant into more ocean forest. Using gro bloom and micro after about 3 weeks in flower.

I want to use a different soil next round but I’m not sure what is the best soil to use that I won’t need to add nutes. Or use little at the end. Ph is 6.6 6.7.

1 Like