New Grow....1st Grow with Earth Dust and photos

Hello and welcome to my 2nd grow. This will be my 1st grow using living soil with Earth Dust and also my 1st time growing photoperiods. This grow I will be growing 2 CandyLand photoperiods in 7 gallon cloth pots in my 2x4x6’ tent and 3 auto flowering in 5 gallon cloth pots in my 2x4x5’ tent (which 3 strains to be determined lol) Everyone feel free to tag anyone you want, the more the better! I don’t mind others posting pics or asking any questions, and bs’n is welcome also. Just no political mess lol We’re all here to learn from one another and grow as a collective group so all opinions and ideas related to growing whether tips, recommendations or personal preferences are welcome. Gonna try manifolding on the photoperiods (another 1st for me). Auto’s will be LST and all 5 of the ladies will be topped. Let’s see how this new journey goes and have some fun!

17 Likes

@Graysin @JaneQP @MeEasy @SilvaBack203 @Mr_Wormwood @Trickdaddy @dbrn32 @Audiofreak @Bulldognuts @Nicky Welcome! This is my new grow journal, feel free to tag others that you think might want to follow along

8 Likes

Let me get a beer and I’ll be right there!

3 Likes

@Arrow @Loudman @kaptain3d @Lacewing @beardless @Pet_de_Chien @Hellraiser @MaD-VapoR @Not2SureYet @BobbyDigital Welcome! This is my new grow journal, tag anyone else you think might want to follow along.

9 Likes

@Bulldognuts , @AfgVet @CoyoteCody are great guys to have in your corner… :nerd_face:

4 Likes

DAY 1 seeded the 2 CandyLand photoperiods straight into the 7 gallon cloth pots with the Earth Dust (been cooking for 4 weeks) This seeding method worked great last grow so let’s see how it does this time around…got the HLG 320w on to warn the soil a bit with the power turned down to about 450 ppfd. Humidity set to 60% for now on the inkbird… just started cooking the soil in the 3, 5 gallon pots for the auto’s 2 days ago so it will cook while I’m using the other tent for drying my 1st harvest

12 Likes

Thanks for tagging them. The more the merrier and more opinions the better🤟

4 Likes

@CakeBoy1110

When you say 450 PPFD, do you mean just under the fixture, or down at the level where the seedlings are going to pop up. 450 might be too strong for them at the beginning.

1 Like

At the soil surface , I’m just using it right now to warm the soil a lil. I may turn it down a lil more after they start to break ground or raise the light. Last grow I ran at about 1/4 power when seeding and height of around 18-23" above the pots. I’ll also put clear solo cups over them as soon as they start to break ground and mist the inside of the cup like last time.

2 Likes

I am definitely watching as I am going to try Earth Dust for my upcoming grow. Happy Growing :blush::v:

4 Likes

@MeEasy got me and @JaneQP on it so we giving it a try. I’m interested and excited to see how it goes and the differences between growing with it vs ffof and jacks nutes …always looking forward to trying something new.

5 Likes

Nice, there will be a few of us all using it at the same time. It will be cool to see how it works out for all of us. I should be transplanting into the cooking pots around the middle of this coming week. I can’t wait!

3 Likes

Yes, I’m watching your grow as well and was going to look at it so I could tag you in this journal also :+1: I kind of thought maybe on a next grow if a few of us should start a multi growers journal together so we’re all in the same journal together growing & sharing…

3 Likes

@SmokeyMtnHighs, it’s great you’ll be testing it next to Jack’s and Fox Farms, and I’ll be using it right next to Advanced Nutrients. It should tell us a lot.

3 Likes

Good luck.

2 Likes

Thanks buddy. How you been?

1 Like

This grow will be all Earth Dust…my last grow was all with the FFOF and jacks nute (just to clarify)

3 Likes

If your Earth Dust works as well as it seems to for @MeEasy , I’ll have to pit it against my Grow Dots!

7 Likes

Is the Grow Dots the brand you are using for your living soil?

3 Likes