New fella, a few questions

so i started growing a few plants and i got em growin good, put them in a new pot due to roots coming out the bottom of the original pot… once i put them into the new pot, they stopped growing.
does it take time to continue growing or get used to the pot?

and also i got new soil someone told me was good to use from seed to harvest lol without having to add anything :sweat_smile:

maybe some advice, is this good soil and are my plants ok?

i appreciate any assistance

5 Likes

When you transplant, it might take a week or so for your girls to get aquainted with their new home. Indicanja is an awesome soil, but in order to do a water only withoit adding amendments, you would need at least a 15 gallon pot. Indicanja has enough nutes for roughly 30 to 45 days in a 5 gallon pot. Make sure you check your runoff ph, in veg you want a runoff between 6.0 and 6.5. In flower, runoff between 6.5 amd 7.0 are you growing autos or photos?

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community :metal::green_heart:

1 Like

they are not autoflower, i saw the autoflower plants produce less yield.
i just have 5 gallon fabric pots and im waiting on these auto watering things they sit on, and a tent with new lighting an all that is on the way as well, so hopefully the new set up will help. thanks for the tips

2 Likes

@Hershy420 you will be way more happy with photos.

2 Likes

1D1b5Dcz6fTIiYHFdp
Hi there. I am using a living soil now also. Those pots are a little small. I use 5 to 7 gal fabric pots. Why didn’t you fill the pot deeper. Living soil needs to be moist. I use self watering wick saucers on bottom of each. Even though no need to check ph or tds, i do check ph water going in only. Do you have any amendments to add?

3 Likes

@Hershy420 looks like you have yourself almost covered. You’re gonna love it here!

3 Likes

Next grow try starting in solo cups. I find Terra Cotta pots difficult to remove plants from when transplanting. Split the sides of one cup and set it into another without splits. Cut drain holes in both.

When time comes to transplant just form a hole with an empty solo cup and drop in your plant. Takes 10 seconds to transplant and zero shock to the plant.

10 Likes

right now im using this stuff until all the new stuff comes in the mail.

once the new stuff shows up, tent, comes with ventilation, a nice light, little fan, also getting a little humidifier, everything i could need
but this is all i had to start with when i first started.
ill upload more pics when i get the whole new set up to make sure its good but just wanna know that what im doin so far isnt messing anything up, im probably gonna move them into the 5 gal fabric pots after this indicanja soil shows up today, is that a bad idea?

im growing runtz strain right now also plan on adding a couple grandaddy purp later on, in about a month, maybe a couple weeks

1 Like

than i use sunlight during the day of course better than that little 24w light :sweat_smile: that was jus to get the seeds going

1 Like

thats genius, i should have looked for this before i started, i will take this advice on the solo cups :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Starting new plants in the same tent with older ones can be problematic. I have a 3x4 tent and two plants will fill it up. I have grown 4 at a time but switched to flower earlier.
Best to keep stuff simple, but I well know how fun it is to want to get the next ones started.

2 Likes

i feel like i should have kept them in the first little pots longer? the roots and leaves on those looks way better than the root and … leaf. on mine lmao

2 Likes

I have learned that the less you manipulate the plant the better. So I soak the seed in water 24 hrs then plant it in the solo cup. After two to 3 weeks it gets transplanted into its final home and that’s it. Sometimes I use peat pods to hold the seed until it sprouts like you see in the pic. I grow in coco coir so the peat is just a means to keep it in a damp environment as coco can dry out quickly. But the peat pod ,(Jiffy Pod), is placed in the solo cup before I put the seed in it. So soak, plant, and one transplant.

3 Likes

You will do fine and dandy with everyone in this group helping each other. Soon you will be helping others, too. Don’t forget to get a ph and tds pens. Apera and bluelab are good choices. Most important, have patience and FUN.

2 Likes

@Spiney_norman where did you get the cool blue fab pots?

1 Like

Lol…I think they were green when new. The yellow apparently faded in the sun and left the blue behind. Pic makes it look bluer than it is.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Seedlings look healthy.

i ordered the fertilizer pack on this site i got 2 sets of it.
long term plan is to have 4 nice tents for the different stages of growth.
it’s denting my pockets more than i expected so im just slowly getting the set ups as the first batch grows.
so with the soil im gonna be using, in 5 gal fabric pots with the wick self watering pot holders. when would i need to add fertilizer and how much :thinking:
taking into consideration @ChittyChittyBangin mentioned with 5 gal pots + the soil im using, the nutrients/amendments would only last so long, 30-45 days so what do i add after those nutes run out? and how much?

also added the new self watering holders too… now just waiting for the 1st tent eeeek lol

one last question tho, with these 5 gal fabric pots, do i just fill it with the super soil and transfer the seedlings right into it, or do i only put a certain amount in it and fill it with a different soil on top? I’ve heard different things from different people

Everyone starts their grows different. I put my beans directly into forever pots. I am using living soil now, so i don’t use synthetic nutes. I am using worm castings, backyard bloom amendments, recharge…
Does it give you any info on your bag of soil? Living soil should be kept moist to stay alive. I learned this after I murdered a couple. I was an overwatering gal.

1 Like