New favorite hobby ( I hope )

No the first true leaves are the 3-5 finger leaves

2 Likes

It does look very similar for sure, but it doesnt explain the brown spots either. I checked in on her this morning and she looks worse, yellowing up in the sugar leaves. So I’m chopping her tonight and save what I can before it gets any worse

1 Like

sounds fair, I was under the assumption the first true leaves were serrated edge, anf the first thing to appear above the the pre packaged ready to go cotelydon leaves inside the seed. Well I guess them were all going to see what happens when you top at the 3rd node :smiley: :grin: :rofl:

2 Likes

This definitely seems to be a strong possibility, however the article only seems to offer remedies for outdoor grows, as it seems more common in outdoor grows I guess.

2 Likes

I’ve already decided that I’m going to figure out exactly what’s going on with this girl, but first I’m gonna kill her, tonight :smiling_imp:
I know I know, it’s not me being impatient as much as wanting to move on to the next stage. My gelato will be my first with a grow of experience under my belt, better plan for how I want to raise it, and better start with training. It just makes sense, once I harvest her I will perform an autopsy of the roots and see if I can find what I believe the cause is… roots!
This is fun, less stressful now

4 Likes

These are great, they make a lot of sense, I had a feeling my roots are bound for sure because my pot is only 3 gallon at best. I also vegetated the girl for over 2 months before flipping to flower. I don’t know, but I’m going to find out tonight when I get home

1 Like

@Mark0427 here you go,

So I was busy last night, it was the right thing to do. Today I will investigate what happened at my roots…

The total wet weight of my harvest is just shy of 24 ounces. The scale shows 1lb. 7.9oz, so if all is right once dried I should have about 6 ounces , not including the trim which I will be making cookies with :grin:
This was a blast ( not the harvesting and trimming, that shit sucks) but the whole growing experience. Can’t wait to begin again with little gelato, she will get me double what I got this time I just know it! I’ll let y’all know how it taste in a week or so

5 Likes

And here’s what my roots look like

Even still very wet the entire mass just pulled right out of the pot, couldn’t break it apart. Was one big solid mass of roots all bound up and rotted. My gelato will be going into a 6 gallon pot, double the size hopefully for double the yield

4 Likes

Crazy!! You murdered her!! And took pics for everyone to see!! NICE! So no root rot? They look good to me, not that I know what to look for but…if you wash all the dirt away you can get a better look, unless its too late.

3 Likes

That’s one hell of a harvest, and early at that!

3 Likes

Oh they’re rotted alright, and bound up. There’s really no dirt to wash away, it’s strange a big solid mass of roots. The bottom roots though are brown and dried out, the bottom sides were a little slimy. It’s a done deal, onto the next one

5 Likes

How weird. I know mine gotta be bound up to, I’m only 2 gallon pots it feels like a big sponge. Hopefully I don’t have those issues too…

3 Likes

3 Likes

@tchop134

2 Likes

That’s outstanding, is this your first grow?

1 Like

Well since this girl is done, I guess I’ll just continue it into the gelato. Rather than start a new journal. Maybe this time I’ll try harder to actually detail and update regularly with exact amounts, schedules, all that. Also after the gelato is done I think I will try coco before converting the grow box into a hydro setup. It’s kind of destined for that eventuality I think. Anyway that’s a long way away and I’m stoned…

Yes first grow. And loving it so far.

1 Like

Nice, looks like your setup in a spare room or bathroom. My box can only hold one plant at a time, but after all the work trimming one plant, multiple plants would be a lot of work. Good luck growmie, Did you start a grow journal?

1 Like

I have a trim bowl and all kinds of things to help me out on that process. And the wife is not working so it will give her hands something to do from time to time. Lol. I enjoy smoking so the more the merrier for me.

1 Like