5 Likes

20221107_085412

3 Likes

Hi beachglass…

Strain: NL auto from IGM
Method: Happy Frog soil
Not doing hydroponics or anything
Pot
PH: not there yet, but the soil is supposed to be between 6.2 and 6.8 when it arrives
Haven’t purchased any nutrients
Indoor floureschent light, but may add an HCL light later
Temps will between 68 degrees and 72 degrees for the most part
Not sure about humitity yet
No special ventilation really, just heat, ac, and a fan
Co2 should be fine
No pictures yet, just getting started and waiting for my seeds.

Thanks for any help you can provided!

1 Like

:point_up_2: no nutrients needed for 4 weeks or so.

:point_up_2: water at 6.5, testing run off when the plants is old enough for this. 4th growth node generally.

:point_up_2: will need a much stronger light for any decent bud development. Research HLG or a budget friendly AC Infinity

This will need to be around 78-82 with an RH of 65% for the first 3 weeks or so above ground.

Lighting, environmental conditions and nutrients are critical for a successful grow. A PH and TDS pen will be needed as well :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Can’t really count the chickens before they hatch but if you keep things fairly in line you should be able to pull some smokable bud. With beginners and autos it could be a wide range. My 1st run of autos averaged between 1 and 2 ounces each and got better every grow

2 Likes

Green beams make some decent lights, Your going to need something much more than fluorescent and cfl to produce any reasonable Harvest as @OGIncognito said, I started with some Home Depot grow lights and have gradually upgraded as budget allows. Do what you can with what you have, I helped them out with sunlight whenever I could since they weren’t thriving under my lights. Good luck keep your post updated. Will be watching.

3 Likes

Keep reading this forum and the GROW BIBLE. Take pics every step of the way. When a question comes up, add a pic and ask here. When you start a topic, stay with the same thread so we don’t go back and forth looking for past info. To tag someone, @ebbnflo
Most important, Have fun!!! This is an addictive hobby. :heart_eyes:

giphy (1)

6 Likes

Once you have desided on the amount of space you will grow in the next thing is get your light right, before you deside on anything else or do anything else!!! If the light aint right it will be very difficult if not full of issues. Once the right light is chosen all other things are possible.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community!! Like said lighting is a top priority!!

2 Likes

More like 2 weeks, differs by bag and plant.

1 Like

And the ski slope in florida is good all year around.
Advertising, buyers beware.
Product storage and age can have an negative effect on result.

1 Like

Welcome @ebbnflo, your going to have a blast at this. I am currently on my second grow and started an ilgm journal. Check it out if you have time, it may answer a few of your questions. Later’z!

1 Like

Only real way of saying either is run off testing or a slurry test. I’ve never had to start feeding any FF medium at 2 weeks. You must have grabbed an old bag :love_you_gesture:

Yeah, maybe, but just bought a bag of FF OH to use in current grow. Three weeks after sprout she started showing signs of what I think was cal-mag issues. Started her on nutes immediately and it corrected. Take a look at my journal about week four, week three of veg. That’s another thing, what are people calling germ and what are they calling veg stages? How many weeks after germ can you call it veg?

1 Like

:point_up_2: that’s a given on any amended medium. More focus on NPK deficiency and generally feeding this at week 4. Starting seedlings or a transplant or in early veg will carry them 4 weeks maybe 3. Routine up/potting transplant where the plant consumes more would possibly be 2 weeks but highly doubt it unless the FF medium was cut with perlite or any other unamended medium :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Try a slurry test next time before planting at least you’ll know the PPMs and PH. For autos I consider day 15 as day one of veg and when I transplant, for photo periods I do the same. This is just my opinion :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

This was a slurry test on FF coco loco right out of the bag :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Good advise, thank you sir.

1 Like

Just my experience through trial and error Grow Bro and the reason I moved to straight coco and jacks. I do like the Coco Loco though especially for seed starting :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I second the Jacks 321 as it is so simple to use and great results.

2 Likes